276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Turning the Tables on the Seatmate Killer Volume 1

£5.635£11.27Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Yuuki, for example, though oblivious, isn't cynical (as his genre predecessors typically are). He's not opposed to getting into a relationship with a classmate, he's simply unconvinced the time is worth the effort. This slight deviation from the reserved archetype means Yuuki doesn't stress himself (too much) when being kind, faithful, reliable, or romantic. Not to say the kid isn't stressed. He definitely is. It's just that he's comfortably mellow about it. Most of this is just Yui trying to be nice or get her feelings across and Yuuki just saying something to calm her down because he’s being a different type of presumptive jerk from the other guys Yui has known. That’s some noble gas level chemistry right there. This does get better towards the end, as the old ‘fake girlfriend’ ruse blows up and forces the family to say some stuff they should have said years ago and Yui does some good and, hey, what is the definition of too little, too late again? But the first thing Yuuki remarks upon meeting her for the first time is that her teeth are pretty. So what she — and others — will begin to learn is Yuuki’s pretty oblivious to a host of things.

Ore wa Shiranai Uchi ni Gakkouichi no Bishoujo wo Kudoiteita Rashii: Baito-saki no Soudan Aite ni Ore no Omoibito no Hanashi wo Suru to Kanojo wa Naze ka Tere Hajimeru AutoRec Nov 25 i☆Ris the Movie - Full Energy!! - Anime Film Teaser Visual Revealed at i☆Ris Live Stage in Anime NYC & i☆Ris First Performance in New York Successfully Completed from space and the book is more than content to use its words to describe her wandering their apartment in her panties and every other highly unlikely bit of business you can come up with. Tonari no Seki ni Natta Bishoujo ga Horesaseyou to Karakattekuru ga Itsunomanika Kaeriuchi ni ShiteitaIt was only a matter of time before Yuuki fell victim to the overly friendly Yui, but little did she know that he was as clueless as they come! The tables have suddenly been turned, and the hunter will soon become the prey. The manga seems to be self-aware about how awful it is with it's plot lines and pacing. Poking fun at the forementioned Rio for wasting a bunch of time. Which she did. Her entire arc served literally no purpose. Also several times where they just mention some shit about wasting entire panels. Of course, Yuuki’s the one with the real trauma, having lost his mother and having to be as stoic and supportive as possible for his sister, Mina. Which isn’t a bad narrative hook, until Mina enters the equation.

Since this is an adaptation of the light novel series of the same name, the problem could strictly be with how the source material was adapted in the first place. There's just enough of the serious content to make that feel like a real possibility, something that really shines through in volume five. In that final book, Sayo, the younger sister of Yuuki's girlfriend-hungry friend, reveals her role in the reputation Yui has as a “seatmate killer,” and again, this delves into some fairly realistic territory: Sayo is convinced that her brother's abrupt shift into horniness is entirely the fault of Yui rejecting him. The story later points out that what actually happened is that he simply entered adolescence, but to a confused and sad little girl, blaming Yui made a lot more sense than “sudden influx of hormones.” Like with Mina, there's some real meat to the storyline, but it doesn't sit particularly comfortably alongside the rest of the plot. Generally speaking, changing seats at school can mean saying goodbye to a classmate you’ve might’ve befriended. But for all intents and purposes, for one particular class, having your seat changed to sit next to the “Seatmate Killer” is not good. Yuuki Narito is the one who has to sit next to said “Seatmate Killer,” Yui Takatsuki, who supposedly strings the hearts of young guys along, and when they fall for those charms and then confess to her, she turns them down. And with her bubbly, outgoing personality and good looks, once she does show up, it’s easy to see why Yui has caught the hearts of boys throughout her school years. This manga, like many others caught my attention through it's interesting main concept. Of said manga, the good ones will build upon their main concept and use it to propel the story further. This manga did a good job at that for the first 10 or so chapters. The last 15 are some of the most disappointing chapters I've read in quite a long time. That Yui falls in love with the regularly invisible Yuuki is not a surprise; the surprise (and the fun) is that when Yui realizes she's in love, she goes all in, damning the consequences. The MC Yuuki is your typical kuudere. There is nothing remotely interesting about the guy. The author seems to feel the same way because after another girl (not FMC) named Rio becomes relevant to the story, Yuuki is almost constantly drawn

About this book

From the get-go, even the premise is a total non-starter: Yui is no such thing as she’s described, just a girl trying her best to be friendly who her precious seatmates made their own leaps in logic over. So she gets a vicious reputation because some guys figured she must be into them. Great start. A bit of good fun, and with a dash of ecchi humor, TURNING THE TABLES ON THE SEATMATE KILLER v1 is best read casually. The narrative is familiar enough that readers can predict much of the novel's twists and turns (e.g., big brother complex; interfering elder sister), but not so rote as to deprive one of a few delightful disruptions. The perfect romantic comedy light novel must surely exist, but it just as surely isn’t this half-baked bit of business, which combines a slew of grammatical errors, overly complicated writing, and one hell of a little sister into a boring mess.

There's a genuine effort to make the series' very inconsistency one of the cornerstones of its humor. Characters change at the drop of a hat, the manzai gags from the first volume go away, and pretty much all that remains consistent throughout is how deliberately goofy the whole thing is. Themes of feeling displaced in a relationship do ground the story more than you might expect, which is interesting, because it could be argued that the entire plot begins with Yui feeling like she doesn't belong in her class and taking some highly questionable advice from her older sister. Awkwardness is the root of everything, whether that leads to oblivious actions or feeling left out, and that feels remarkably true of a lot of human interaction. Japanese Title: 隣の席になった美少女が惚れさせようとからかってくるがいつの間にか返り討ちにしていた — Tonari no Seki ni Natta Bishoujo ga Horesaseyou to Karakatte Kuru ga Itsunomanika Kaeriuchi ni Shite Ita Yuuki barely exists amongst his other classmates and he likes it just fine. The best-laid seating plans of mice and men, however, see him sat next to Yui, the notorious Seatmate Killer. She lures guys in and then rejects their confessions, but has she met her match in the immovable wall that is Yuuki? Speaking of that moment, the ecchi parts of this manga will likely be either the major deterrent or entertaining factor for anyone in need of another romcom read. The windblown skirt ruining a confession scene and causing the leads (well, in this case, just Yui) to blush is pretty much classic at this point, but having Yuuki’s lively little sister Mina parading around the house with no pants on is the exact moment where you’re activating your drop or tolerate senses. It also somewhat undermines the Narito family’s unfortunate past (mom passed away three years ago) and Mina’s former shut-in life and her struggles of making friends at her school. Makes sense for her to feel comfortable at her home, but then your joke of Yui stopping by Yuuki’s house and eventually meeting a pantsless Mina isn’t exactly going to work out with most people. TURNING THE TABLES ON THE SEATMATE KILLER v1 is a densely written, yet ultimately very casual jaunt into the world of high-school anxiety. Getting along with seatmates feels like a life-or-death event. But in reality, it's only as complicated as one makes it.Damn it! You think that poker face of yours is gonna get to me?! I’ll make you regret this, you’ll see!” Yuuki Narito falls into the mold of the highly competent, highly average high-school kid. He's perfectly oblivious, perfectly modest, and perfectly sociable (if he feels like it). Yui Takatsuki, his new seatmate, is attractive, popular, and a bit of a chatterbox. The assumption is that Yui's obvious glamor entrances every guy she sits next to (only to promptly rebuff them.). But the twist is that Yui, gregarious though she may be, is overly conscientious and just wants to fit in. She wants to fit in so badly that she overcompensates, a lot, and accidentally forces her classmates to veer toward (or away from) her, based on the girl's convivial nature.

Nov 20 From the U.S. to Japan, You Can Control the Life-Size Moving Gundam from the Comfort of Your Own Home The Cute Girl Sitting Next To Me Is Trying To Make Me Fall In Love With Her As A Way To Ridicule Me, But The Tables Were Turned On Her Before She Knew It I think this manga is largely meant to be a comedy. Most of the jokes are gags related to other manga or anime (Doraemon is brought up multiple times), and there are several visual gags where the characters will be drawn in the other manga's style or wearing other clothes or whatever. I don't personally find the humor within this series to be very funny at all. Like, I didn't laugh even a single time, so by that metric, I would consider this to be a failure as a comedy series. And as a school-life romance, I think this manga is pretty boring and relies far too heavily on Yuuki being unobservant.

Tonari no Seki ni Natta Bishoujo ga Horesaseyou to Karakatte Kuru ga Itsunomanika Kaeriuchi ni Shite Ita,My Seatmate Tries to Make Me Fall in Love with Her by Teasing Me Repeatedly, but Somehow She Was the One Who Fell,The Cute Girl Sitting Next to Me Is Trying to Make Me Fall in Love With Her as a Way to Ridicule Me, but the Tables Were Turned on Her Before She Knew It,在攻略中不知不觉沦陷的邻座美少女,隣の席になった美少女が惚れさせようとからかってくるがいつの間にか返り討ちにしていた

This rom-com is off to a bumpy start as a now-determined Yui takes it upon herself to get her revenge!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment