276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Looking to Sea: Britain Through the Eyes of its Artists

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lyric poet Matthew Arnold's "Dover Beach" (1867) has been the subject of varying interpretations. It begins with a lyrical description of the sea at Dover, looking out across the English Channel toward France. But instead of being a Romantic ode to the sea, it is full of metaphor for the human condition and ends with Arnold's pessimistic view of his time. Both the first stanza and the last three lines are famous. It’s not known who said this, but it’s certainly something any cruise fan will agree with. There’s a wonderful feeling of being refreshed down to your very soul when you set sail on a cruise ship. Ryunosuke Akutagawa was a Japanese poet and writer from the 1920s. He is regarded as the ‘Father of the Japanese short story’ and his works have been translated into many languages. Now, let’s dive into this list of the best short sea quotes and sayings… The Best Short Quotes About The Sea Many of us intuitively feel more relaxed and at peace by the sea, but why exactly is that? “Simply staring out to sea can change our brain wave frequency, luring us into a mild meditative state. The colour blue is associated with feelings of calm and peace and listening to the ebb and flow of waves and the swell of the sea naturally soothes and relaxes the brain. The fresh salty sea air is full of negative ions, believed to help alleviate depression and the increased levels of Vitamin D, the sunshine vitamin, which soaks into our skin makes us feel good,” says Joe S. Big picture thinking

Liverpool: Looking Out To Sea • Peter Marlow • Magnum Photos Liverpool: Looking Out To Sea • Peter Marlow • Magnum Photos

The ocean makes me feel really small and it makes me put my whole life into perspective.” – Beyonce Knowles For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it’s always our self we find in the sea.” – E. E. Cummings Jenni Fielding is the founder of Cruise Mummy. She has worked in the cruise industry since 2015 and has taken over 30 cruises. Now, she helps over 1 million people per month to plan their perfect cruise holidays. Looking to Sea is an alternative history of Britain in the twentieth century, told through the prism of ten iconic artworks of the sea, one for each decade.Often as an author, I only occasionally get to meet the public who buy and read my books. The Oxford Literary Festival was a special opportunity for me and certainly one of the highlights of my career – it was an honour I will never forget. Dance with the waves, move with the sea, let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” – Christy Ann Martine This fun quote shows that the ocean can trigger a number of feelings in you and that it is hard not to feel your place in the world when faced with an expansive ocean. Whether they meant salty literally, or as in annoyed (because of rough seas?) we won’t ever know.

Looking Out To Sea Photos and Premium High Res Pictures Looking Out To Sea Photos and Premium High Res Pictures

Alternatively if you have five minutes, we would really appreciate you taking our short mental health survey by following the link below. Ruta Sepetys is a bestselling writer of historical fiction. This quote is from her novel, Salt to the Sea. I Like Turtles and Maybe 3 People Sweatshirt, Sea Turtle Lover Sweater, Save the Turtles Shirt, Beach Lover T-Shirt

Tennyson wrote his own elegy, and Robert Louis Stevenson wrote his own epitaph in “Requiem,” (1887) whose lines were later quoted by A.E. Housman in his own memorial poem for Stevenson, “R.L.S.” These famous lines are known by many and often quoted. Your thoughts, feelings and sensations are the waves of the ocean – coming and going. There are big strong waves and there are soft gentle waves; they are all water and all part of the ocean.” – Rose-Marie Sorokin, The Miracle of Yes If the ocean can calm itself, so can you. We are both salt water mixed with air.” – Nayyirah Waheed

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment