276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop Citadel Pot de Peinture - Base Retributor Armour

£3.4£6.80Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Starting with them laying down is much easier than starting with them standing up. Many of the hard-to-reach bits are dealt with much more smoothly, and when you stand them up there’s just a bit of obvious touching-up to do. Greedy Gold Colour Primer’s slightly different can shape seems to indicate a different producer than the other Colour Primers. The paint applies beautifully, no special treatment needed, just apply short bursts from a distance of about 20 cm, like with any other miniature spray paint your familiar with. The coverage is great, and two thin coats are enough to cover over bare plastic. Durability is also good, as this scratch test shows. The colour is bright enough to have plenty of pop and the consistency helps it flow into places where water would naturally accumulate and cause rust. Having to gradually build up layers of thin, translucent paint helps avoid going too far, making it very beginner-friendly if you're learning how to paint miniatures. In a lot of cases, airbrush paints are the same as their regular equivalents, just thinner. It means that you can use them with a regular brush, but you’d rarely want to because they’ll be much too thin and the coverage will be poor. However, in some situations these are exactly the properties you’re looking for and it can be useful to have an airbrush paint on hand, even if you have no plans to touch an airbrush.

Vallejo equivalent to Citadel Retributor Armor? - DakkaDakka Vallejo equivalent to Citadel Retributor Armor? - DakkaDakka

Maintains shine or reflective properties – the metallic paint needs to keep its shine as its applied. Some metallics don’t hold their reflective properties unless they are applied in a certain way. I think this is due to how the metal flakes are aligned within the paint as it dries on the miniature. The main red armour panels were done just like the jetbike, and the cloths and metallics were done the same way too.I highly recommend Retributor Armour as the gold metallic paint that can handle almost all your gold painting needs (unless you’re looking for a less-warm toned metallic). The paint pot version is superior in my opinion than the spray can version. I'm liking Athonian Camoshade as a wash over the retributor spray, especially when paired with highlights of Liberator Gold and a 50/50 mix of Liberator Gold and Stormhost Silver. However, I may either need to let my pot dry out a tiny bit or get another; it goes on fairly light for me and seems to produce "rings" in the recesses if doing a targeted wash. Alternatively, I might try mixing with a bit of Agrax. Repeat step 3 but with Citadel XV -88 highlighting less of the armour. You want your highlights to be hitting the raised parts and points of interest. The best Citadel paint for dirty washes The silver I used on this Battletech Vindicator’s weapons was way too bright, but some thinned Ratling Grime has left them suitably worn and well-used. | Image credit: Caelyn Ellis

Spraying my Custodes with Retributor Armour: notes to self

And there you have it. Add any further small details you may want, but they’re all ready to go slay the enemies of the Emperor. While I use paints from a bunch of different ranges, Citadel Colour still makes up the majority of my collection. Whether you’re painting Warhammer armies, your Dungeons & Dragons character or the miniatures from your favourite board game, you can’t go too far wrong with them.

Alpha Legion

I have some characters in my 30k Ultramarines army that I intend to do mainly in Gold. These will be the Praetor and the Company Command Squad (basically the Praetor's Honor Guard). I've been using the Scale 75 gold set for my Lizardman team and it works quite nicely. Sadly I can't post pictures but it does produce a pleasing gold colour.

Alternative for Retributor Armour? : r/minipainting - Reddit Alternative for Retributor Armour? : r/minipainting - Reddit

There’s just one last thing to show you for this scheme, the power lance blade. You could use this for any of the power weapons custodes wield. Start highlighting the majority of the armour in Citadel Mournfang Brown. This is where the process becomes a bit repetitive and this step is the most time consuming because you’re painting most of the model but being careful about leaving the previous stage showing at the bottom parts of the armour panel. Thanks for all of the responses! I've got a few test models set aside, so I'll be testing out many of these. Do a pin wash with a dark brown oil paint (Van dyke brown or burnt umber) heavily thinned with odourless white spirit thinner in the recesses. Use a synthetic round No1 brush. Let it dry for an hour and clean up any dried pools of oil wash with the brush damp with pure white spirit. In step 4 above switch the Vallejo metal color gold and Vallejo metal color chrome mixture to Scale 75 cintrine alchemy.If you do have any questions or suggestions on how to improve it for others, then please do let me know. It’ll take a few coats of airbrushing to get solid, even coverage. But it’ll be easy going. Make sure you let each layer dry before applying the next airbrushed-layer. Can You Dry Brush Retributor Armour Metallic Gold?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment