276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Campingaz CV 300 Plus Screw On Gas Cartridge, for Camping Stoves, Compact and Resealable Canister

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At their simplest, a gas stove can just be a small metal stand that can attach directly to the gas bottle, but you also need to remember that wind deflectors and heat exchangers can be a godsend if you are camping in challenging conditions. Odoland Portable Camping Gas Stove This is a simple, affordable and highly effective double burner solution from Vango that will keep the whole family fed without taking up much space in the boot of the car. You don't have permission to access "http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15898410/campingaz-plug-with-carry-handle-15898410" on this server. Butane burns more efficiently, so you can get more gas from a smaller bottle than from a bigger propane one.

Butane and Portable Fuels Australia | BCF

Each cylinder holds a different amount of gas, and each regulator has a flow rate, so assuming you burn the gas on full flow, the following table gives a rough guide - but note that is artificial for comparison only. Question: I know CampingGas and GoSystem have different diameters – one could fit into my TOAKS and the other didn’t! Even more inefficient than alcohol are the solid fuel stoves which typically use hexamine tablets. We don’t really recommend these stoves for more than novelty value, as it takes more than one tablet to even boil 1 litre of water. There’s also no way of controlling the power of the flame, so it’s a case of lifting the pan away from it to cook/boil less – not ideal! Plus, propane cylinders are heavier, making butane easier to transport when you have lots of camping gear.Specifically, with a ‘dual fuel’ stove below or one of the adaptors below, you can use multiple types of gas cylinder, which will maximise your chances of finding gas canisters all over the world, wherever you are. It’s a good way to save money too as the alternatives are often cheaper. If you're looking at buying gas cylinders in the UK, you'll notice some are blue (butane) and some a red (propane). But what's the difference between butane and propane?

Best Camping Stove UK - Our Top Picks for 2023 Best Camping Stove UK - Our Top Picks for 2023

The main difference is the proportion of propane to butane. More propane = better cold weather performance. The exact mix of propane, butane and isobutane is usually secret. But above 5 degreees Celsius (41 Fahrenheit), you probably don’t need any butane Your Campingaz cylinder should come with a carry handle that screws into the fitting where the cylinder goes. This not only makes the gas cylinder easier to carry but protects the fitting at the same time.The 500ml pot has an insulated sleeve to avoid burns, and it features a spork holder and hanging system. The burner’s design is equally ingenious: three pot support pegs allow you to adapt the burner to support any standard pots or pans for cooking. However, if you’re travelling through different countries or out in the middle of nowhere, you can’t always find screw-on gas canisters. The Party Grill has several different hot plates and ways of working – for instance you can use it as a traditional hob to heat a pan or boil water (4 mins 20s for 1 litre of water). There is a reversible BBQ grill and griddle plate and the lid can double as a wok. This means you can cover all bases on the cooking front. Plus, I’ve included details of some little known adaptors that will allow you to use any gas cylinder on your camping stove and three stoves that will take more than type of canister.

Camping Stoves with Grills | Gas Canisters | Free Backpacking Camping Stoves with Grills | Gas Canisters | Free

That concludes our summary of the best camping stoves on the UK market at the moment. It’s always difficult to narrow choices like this down, but in our heart we feel you can’t go wrong with a small gas burner – the portability, efficiency and space-saving ability just floats our boats! For a few pounds/dollars, you can buy small adaptors for your stove that will allow you to use different types of canisters. They only weigh a few grams/ounces but can be really useful when travelling abroad. They can save you money too. Hi Giaovanni, we cycled across Cambodia a couple of years ago but I think we mostly just bought food, because it was so cheap, rather than using our camping stove. The amount of gas most people use when camping can easily be accommodated with smaller gas cylinders, so aim to get a cylinder less than 15kg (and a 15kg cylinder is still a big cylinder for camping).I have 12 days to solve a problem. I use, and love, the Campingaz Bleuet stove and lamp. My son and I are flying from Pennsylvania to Utah & Yellowstone. USA air travel forbids us from transporting gaz canisters, and of course you can’t buy CV470 & 270 in the USA. Even the Post Office and FedEx Ground won’t ship them. From your previous questions, it doesn’t seem like there are adaptors, so I can use another fuel source that I could buy at my destination. When gas canisters (which actually contain liquid, not gas) get cold, the liquid sinks to the bottom of the canister. You can test this by shaking the canister or warming it up (e.g. with your hands or down your top) before you use it. If it burns better after you’ve done those things, even if only briefly, then it’s probably the cold. We go camping earlier and later in the year than most families in the UK, but we've gone for butane gas and had no problems in spring or mornings after a slight frost, but that's pushing the limits of butane. Campingaz vs Calor gas, which is better? It would be lovely and probably helpful if you could maybe help out how to match canisters with cookware, so we can maximize space-saving?

camping stove 2023: The top camping stoves for outdoor Best camping stove 2023: The top camping stoves for outdoor

It’s best suited to boiling water for dehydrated camping meals and making drinks – at 88mm wide, the pan support isn’t huge so a flat surface and constant monitoring is prudent – but you can’t really complain given just how tiny this stove is. We’re biking, and I considering trying to sneak the canisters in the bike box. Do you have any more rational suggestions? Reply Does anybody know what type of gas canister are easy to be found in south east asia!!! Especially in Cambodia?!! Reply Start Camping Camping Tips Choosing a gas cylinder for camping - Which one is best? Choosing a gas cylinder for camping - Which one is best? Posted by Gav Grayston. With a three-legged stable platform for supporting your pan, the aluminium Odoland includes piezo ignition, serrated edges, a flame-adjustment nob, and a screw valve canister attachment.

Video & Downloads

Very excited that you might be able to solve my 3-hour slog through the interweb. We have a US stove that is built to use the 16.4oz canisters as shown above. If I follow the link above for the different types of adaptors will the 16.4 adaptor shown allow me to use small UK style screw ones? ( ie ‘regular UK screw on canisters / lindal valve? This would be very exciting (and cost effective!) many thanks! Reply So a refill doesn't happen whilst you wait. Your cylinder is just swapped for one that's already been refilled. However, my hunch is that ‘piercable’ canisters will be the easiest to find. But, if you find a camping shop (e.g. in Phnom Penh), I suspect it will be ‘screw-on’.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment