276°
Posted 20 hours ago

adidas Kermit Stan Smith Shoes Kids'

£23.165£46.33Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And there you have it, our in-depth review of the quintessential Adidas Stan Smith sneakers. I’ve been wanting to put this review together for awhile. It’s always fun to write about products that have permeated the fashion zeitgeist and are rooted in sports history (like the Nike Killshot). Raf Simons' take on the shoe is one that stands out to me. He put an “R” on the shoe and to me it is the exact same shoe, but about three times more expensive. There has also been a lot of times when people have used it for fundraisers. Kate Moss got together with a lot of celebrities that did personal designs on the shoe, which were then auctioned off for charity. There's also a shoe in my trophy cabinet that takes the form of a clog from Holland, framed around the Stan Smith. To be honest, there's also been a couple of pairs that I haven't liked over the years, but, generally speaking, Adidas has done a good job with the collaborations.

The leather is relatively soft and has a subtle, pebbled texture when you’re close up. It features a relaxed and flexible leather shoe tongue and a rounded toe box. Lining & Insoles Today, the Stan Smith sneaker is one of the modern era’s most widely-accepted silhouettes with a collab roster of Raf Simons, Beyonce and Kanye West, though the latter likely lost his endorsement due to being a highly controversial figure. This isn’t the first time Kermit has dressed the silhouette. In the past, he’s had two, but both pale in comparison to this upcoming colorway. Here, the base is kept its usual white, defaced little save for at the heel with the image of the frontman himself. This homage continues even further by way of the collar, whose plush cloth lining resembles the texture and tone of the green puppet. Heel tabs follow suit, though they arrive much lighter to contrast the “being green” text and trefoil that brand atop. While the tongue features logos of its own, its most standout feature is its pink, tongue-reminiscent coloring. Now onto styling the sneaker. The Adidas Stan Smith is a superb shoe to be worn casually which is no surprise since it was originally a sports shoe, meant to be worn on the tennis court. I usually get size 8 sneakers for most brands and it’s a safe bet, though there’s always a small gap of excess room behind my ankle. Since Adidas offers half sizes I decided to go for 7.5 which usually fits me well too.

Get on the SN email list.

The shoes have a basic rubber outsole, nothing special like margom or anything like that. The rubber is grippy on all surfaces from concrete to wood flooring.

Additionally, I’ve worn them all day many times—last summer when I was in Las Vegas just for fun and this year traveling to Boise for a conference, and just casually wearing them day-to-day. Grab a good look at all the details below. A release, according to adidas Japan, is due to arrive on April 8th. It’s possible that adidas.com here in the US will launch on the same date.And in 2021, Adidas launched a new-and-improved sustainable Stan Smith, with a complete overhaul, using its own PRIMEGREEN high-performance recycled materials while maintaining the iconic shoe design. Once the most popular shoe company before Nike snagged that title, Adidas is highly competitive in shoes, workout gear, professional sports jerseys as well as all aspects of athletic equipment in the global market. All in all, the design and form of the shoe has basically stayed the same since it was originally introduced, but a myriad of new versions and colorways have appeared throughout the years.

Today, the Stan Smith is made with vegan alternatives to animal-derived ingredients or materials. And it’s also made with Primegreen, a series of high-performance recycled materials. And the upper is made with 50% recycled content with no virgin polyester. It’s a commercial for adidas’ new sustainable Stan Smith made with recyclable materials, which the brand unveiled earlier this year. And lest anyone question Kermit’s greatness, The Green One now has his very own iteration of the silhouette. For the next chapter of its “Stan Smith, Forever” initiative aimed at reducing plastic waste, the Three Stripes is unleashing a new take on the eco-forward version of the sneaker inspired by the hallowed Muppet. (It’s the brand’s first Kermit collab since 2011’s Superstar IIs.) adidas has never been shy about collaborating with names (big or small). And for its latest joint-effort, the German sportswear behemoth has tapped two iconic figures for its renowned adidas Stan Smith: Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog. By 2024, Adidas is committed to use only recycled polyester in all of their shoes, which is a great statement, but let’s hold them to it! They do not offer wider sides and so it could be a problem area for those with wider than normal feet. My feet are normal, though narrower shoes like the Nike Killshot 2, worn for lengthy periods of time causes me some discomfort. These Stan Smith’s, however, are comfortable worn all day.

Furthermore, the leather his holding up just fine and the soles are still grippy and intact—nothing’s falling apart like with a pair of cheap shoes you’d get from the department store. Last night in Vegas with my Stan Smith Kermits. So with a comfortable step, a quality build (granted it’s not made with real leather) and a highly affordable price point, this iconic sneaker punches well above its weight while graded on price to performance.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment