276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hot Rocks 1964-1971

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And, in “Let’s Spend the Night Together” they brought the stud role to a double-entendre — whether the song is actually about sex or about being too wired to make it and knowing that nothing needs to be proved anyway — as brilliant as the utter sexist dominance of “Under My Thumb” is devastating. It has company inner sleeves promoting releases contemporary to the time of the original release of this album. Almost all of the previous songs had been in a more or less tangible sense autobiographical, but now the ongoing persona ballooned into something at once stranger, more surrealistic and yet perhaps more universal. are perhaps the most decadent or even, in the words of some, evil of our heroes, they also have the surest grasp of who we are and where we are going.

Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks (1964-1971) [Original Stereo The Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks (1964-1971) [Original Stereo

A. degrees from Stony Brook University along with New York State Public School Education Certifications in Music and Social Studies. The discs also have passages where my stylus trembles and you can actually hear the frailty and tremor that the stylus is going through (which doesn´t happen with other lp´s). Because right off the inners, the discs are really filled with surface noise, and after a heavy wet cleaning, the surface noise reduced, but the sound on this 2 lp set is really awful to my ears, sounds really compressed, really had to crank up the volume to get a real punch out of the songs, and at high volumes, the sound distorted and got really muddy.The other, and even more important, recent phase is the Stones’ interest in songs, the kind of triumphs hinted at in “Satisfaction” and “Mother’s Little Helper,” that deal in searingly explicit terms not just with sexual conceits and power fantasies, but with the conditions under which all of us are living today. Gimme Shelter” and “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” may be the two most crucial and enduring things ever laid on wax by this band; certainly they demonstrated an unprecedented maturity, a view of the world as it is and a promise that the Stones’ most vital work may well lie ahead of them. And even the much maligned “Brown Sugar” is an almost perfect crossbreed song in the new Stones vocabulary, combining a forceful picture of colonial racism with another Jagger fantasy which has offended some people but strikes with undeniable power.

The Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks: 1964-1971 Album Reviews

I doubt if they’ll ever stop writing songs like “Bitch” and “Live With Me” any more than they’ll ever stop copping licks from Chuck Berry. When I went away to college I didn’t take the records with me and my mom thought I no longer wanted them and gave them away.com claims ownership of all its original content and Intellectual property under United States Copyright laws and those of all other foreign countries. The album was not released in the UK until 21 May 1990, to coincide with the Urban Jungle Tour, reaching No. As Tears Go By” derives from those traditions too, but in much more cornball fashion, and one imagines the Stones could have only recorded it to prove they could carry it off, Delsey tissue strings and all. Maybe it’s sensible to cut “The Last Time” in favor of its flip side “Play With Fire,” but the absence of “It’s All Over Now” fairly glares at you.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment