276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Room on the Broom

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Look at the use of punctuation within the story. Can you explain why each type of punctuation has been used? A really good read-aloud story, with great rhythm, rhyme and repetitive elements. My son is 16 months old, and Room on the Broom is currently his second favourite book - he goes and gets it himself from his book shelf most days, which is really cute. My daughters favorite book. We got it out of the library every time we came across it,until buying it recently for her as a treat & in the summer she said as we were walking through mud, we need a belt to cross this bog!! I was very impressed. Started reading this book when she was 2 & a year later we still really enjoy it. Great little song lyrics to sing together, great pictures & a good selection of animals as the characters.

Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler raises questions about what it means to be a friend, helping others, and teamwork. Throughout the story, many different animals help the witch collect items that she has lost. In return, she makes room for them on her broom. At the end of the book, the animals must unite and work together to save the witch from the mean dragon. I studied Drama and French at Bristol University, where I met Malcolm, a guitar-playing medic to whom I’m now married. These picture books, featuring witches, wizards and monsters, are perfect to share with little ones as the nights draw in and there's a touch of frosty magic in the air. Remember reading this when I was little, now enjoying it again reading it to my daughter. She loves anything that has a rhyme to it. Great Book! My Girls love all the animals that get on the broom with the witch and they look when they help her find the things that have fallen! Great Fun Story!

Broadcasts

We are loving this book in the setting at the moment, we add our dressing up and puppets and props to make the story come alive we really love the dragon!

This was recommended to us by Tegans great auntie Anne who reads this to her grandchildren - they love it. And now we love it too. And you can never get them started on fantasy too young - good witches and bad dragons - perfect! We'll get him reading Tolkien before he's ten... I also continued to write “grown-up” songs and perform them in folk clubs and on the radio, and have recently released two CDs of these songs. I grew up in a tall Victorian London house with my parents, grandmother, aunt, uncle, younger sister Mary and cat Geoffrey (who was really a prince in disguise. Mary and I would argue about which of us would marry him).

Room on the Broom Sound Book

Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler are the creators of many beloved picture books including The Gruffalo , The Gruffalo's Child , The Snail and the Whale , and The Spiffiest Giant in Town . My real breakthrough was THE GRUFFALO, again illustrated by Axel. We work separately - he’s in London and I’m in Glasgow - but he sends me letters with lovely funny pictures on the envelopes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment