276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NUU Mobile M19 Android 9.0 Smartphone | 5.5" HD+ | 32GB Memory | 4G Dual SIM | UK/EU Version (Blue)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To be fair, it’s exactly the phone you’d expect a company best known for its tractors and bulldozers, and could probably survive being run over by one too. For those who work in an industrial setting or simply find themselves out and about in the great outdoors a lot, that ruggedness could definitely come in handy. The Palm Phone is the size of your credit card, it will beat your Apple Watch for features, but is still small enough so that you won’t let social media take over your life. The giant antenna stops it looking like an average dumb-phone, but put up nearly anywhere in the world and thanks to a network of geostationary satellites you will be able to make a call without fear of the satellite moving out of position. Despite the phone itself feeling a little less robust than the original, the battery life is still as long as you remember. Longer, in fact. The original 3310’s battery would last about a week; this new incarnation is ready to party for a full month. You read that right: 31 days. Oh the joy!

Customer service was excellent and I really did love the interface and layout, but the bugs were just too much. If, like me, the original Nokia 3310 represented your first phone, then this new device is probably closer to how you remember your second or third device in terms of features. The whole thing feels very 2008 – not that that’s a bad thing, it’s just quite a step up from the original 3310. Not so great for the nostalgia factor, but in general we're talking about improvements, not criticisms.

Note that at the time of writing the Easyfone Prime-A6 is incompatible with AT&T and Verizon operators. Most other carriers are supported. Do you want texting in addition to calling? You spoiled brat. The Punkt MP02 looks like a calculator, but is actually a well designed piece of gear that aims to battle the distractions technology brings into our lives. A silent successor to Nokia’s relaunched 3310 (which only supported a 3G network), although slightly less curvy and attractive is the Nokia 225. This is a cheap, but capable minimalist phone running on 4G.

The Alba Flip is not designed to be a basic phone. Alba are a brand designed for those who struggle with conventional mobile phones, either through technophobia or because of visual impairments. Here you’ll find the buttons are big and everything is as uncomplicated as it possibly can be. There are also shortcut buttons that might be helpful for elderly users who are unfamiliar with mobile phones. There are torch, FM radio, and SOS buttons just above the dial pad. Most are in colour, but we have included one with a monochrome interface in our list. Storage space The phone is built for adventure with IP65 compliance, a reflective screen with Gorilla glass, a dedicated location sharing button (texting your location as a GPS text to an interested follower), and an SOS button.There are two main types to choose from. You’ll be getting either a traditional rectangular handset with a screen and buttons beneath it (these are known as “candy bar” phones) or a flip phone where the screen folds over the keypad in a clamshell design. Screen Purely in terms of looks, the new Nokia 8110 is one of my favourite phones of the last ten years. The original version was known as the ‘banana phone’ on account of its slightly convex spine. The new one is available is bright banana yellow and definitely lives up to that moniker. The following are phones that do very little in comparison to your flagship Apple or Samsung. They’re called off-grid phones, feature phones, dumbphones or burner phones, where calling and texting is the name of the game. Try to swap one of these with your current phone every once in a while and see if it can be a nicotine patch to your smartphone addiction. Nokia 225 The descendants of the iPhone are good at multitasking, handling simple computing tasks and providing us media on the move (social and traditional). In exchange for that, they’re expensive, have a short battery and shelf life, and are relatively delicate. They’re also potentially problematic if you’re paying your employee’s bills. Let’s start with the software, as there isn’t too much to say on that. The B35 runs on KaiOS, the same one as Nokia’s dumb phones, so you’re getting a fairly similar experience to what I’ve already described on the aforementioned devices, albeit with fewer apps. Perhaps Cat saw fit to encourage its users to focus on work rather than playing Snake.

A basic 2G signal that works for voice calls but not data is still available across much of the UK, though. We’ve specified the maximum network speeds in our roundup. The Palm Phone is like a glorified Apple Watch in that you can use your carrier’s add on plan to supply it with the needed sim card. Otherwise, the Palm Phone is a full-fledged companion smartphone that has a very appealing, durable design and a comfortable, small size. The only thing you’ll need to do to get the phone set up is plug in a Nano SIM card card. Then you’re good to go.

Which is why I decided to put the best basic phones to the test. In truth, the market isn't that wide – only a handful of manufacturers bother making them – but there is quite a discrepancy from product to product. While reviewing the dumbphones, I found that 'dumb' means different things to different people: some of the devices are a lot smarter than they let on; and some really aren't. Just don’t worry that all of this will take away from the phone’s main purpose which is talking and texting. The Nokia 3310 was my first ever phone, a hand-me-down from my older brother when he got a Motorola Razr. As an 10-year-old, I thought it was basically the coolest thing I’d ever owned.

O2, Vodafone and EE all offer a 2G service for calls and text messages, but Three doesn’t. Three is also switching off its 3G network in 2024 and Vodafone will retire its 3G by early 2024. One kind of phone which ought to appear in this list is one of the best satellite phones. Because of the limited bandwidth, this technology hasn’t embraced data transfer with the same enthusiasm as cellular. The following phones are minimalist smartphones. It’s for when you appreciate the silence and being distraction-free, yet you can’t give up on those essential apps on your phone. Jelly 2, World’s Smallest 4G Phone Green Zones – Camera-enabled smartphones, tablets and laptops are allowed to be brought in. You can’t take unauthorised photos or videos.Removing the camera module: You’d need to disassemble your phone for this — the bright side, however, is that you’ll be able to reinstall your smartphone’s camera when required. To prevent accidental damage to your phone, we recommend engaging a professional to handle this complex operation instead of giving it a go on your own. The smartphone takes pictures, It allows for more screen and has a compact design. Finally, the smartphone is built for full hd, It comes with a warranty card and has a perfect design. The minimalist experience can be achieved by enabling Life Mode on the Palm Phone. This will shut off any notification or disturbance as soon as you shut off your screen.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment