276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Leatherman Mut - Military Multi-Tool with Bronze Carbon Scraper, with a Total of 16 Built-in Tools, Made in USA, Stainless Steel Finish with a Brown Molle Holster

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Bit Kit– The Leatherman bit kit is an almost essential add-on for most people. It includes several additional flat, phillips, and torx bits that really open up the bit drivers utility. The MUT does come with more bits that most multi tools but we still think the bit kit is a good investment. FIT MORE FUNCTIONALITY: A variety of pliers, wire cutters and crimper, knife, saw, cutting hook, hammer, bolt override tool, bronze carbon scraper, #8-32 cleaning rod/brush adapter, firearm disassembly punch, carabiner/bottle opener, and large bit driver. So you’ve scrolled through this review of Leatherman multitools and are still wondering which tool is right for you? Hopefully that’s not the case, but if it is don’t worry, we’re about to break it down even further. The OHT is an interesting tool from Leatherman that uses a one handed opening design for every tool, including the main pliers. It was built to be usable when you can’t use two hands, like say during a combat situation with a jammed weapon. It also has 16 tools on it but it designed with a more general purpose use case than the MUT.

The first test I always do with any bladed instrument is to see if the factory edge will slice paper on the bias and shave hair. The blade on the MUT practically flew through paper and shaved hair handily, and upon closer inspection showed a very even edge with no sign of burring or dull spots. Additionally, since this is a military-themed tool, I sliced open an MRE bag with the blade, which obviously worked very well. Nice, mkay. The MUT is an excellent tool that definitely meets Leatherman’s goal of a specialized tool with general usability.

Interesting Tidbits

Viewed from the other side, you can now see that the plain edge is a double-sided bevel, but the serrated portion is a chisel grind. If you’re looking for maybe the best multi tool on the market, go with the Charge TTi. If you want to properly maintain your M4 in the field, the MUT may become your best friend.

A: 154CM steel is an alloy that’s often used for knife blades, featuring reasonable hardness, good toughness, and good resistance to corrosion. In general, it’s regarded as being very balanced between the various attributes that people seek in a knife. In its use here as the wire cutting jaws, it will chew right through the soft steels that most barbed wire and chain link fences are made of. Q: You said it was the coolest, most tactical multitool ever. But like, HOW tactical? A great deal of thought has been put into the MUT and another aspect that shows this is the use of bronze for the carbon scraper. You can use this on steel parts without worrying about damaging the steel. As the bronze is intentionally soft, it will wear and is intended to be easily replaced by the user with the MUT accessory kit of replaceable parts. The Leatherman MUT also comes with a standard saw blade for cutting through small branches and other materials. It has a nice open tooth pattern and cuts well through wood and light plastics. We found the blade to cut smoothly and rarely snag. Cutting Hook, Hammer, Bolt Override and Carabiner/Bottle OpenerWe’ve seen it in the hand, but here is a little size comparison between an original PST, the MUT and the OHT. Due to its out-the-front pliers deployment, the OHT looks quite large, but its build is not as heavy. The PST is quite compact and closer in size to the average multi-tool. Before really getting our teeth into this review, I will mention once again that the full review has a total of 84 images in it, so shows a great deal of detail. If you want a close look at this tool, here it is.

Select the item(s) you want to return and choose between exchanges or a return. You also have the option to return for store credit via a gift card.And there we have it, the MUT’s features covered, so next we are going to have a look at a couple of accessories. If you’re performing military demolitions work the MUT EOD is an invaluable tool. Otherwise the regular MUT is the way to go. MUT Vs Signal

What was very impressive is the state of the 154CM cutters after a lot of work, they looked like this, pretty much untouched.

Details

If you often work with combat rifles you’ll probably get more use out of the MUT. For anyone who just wants an excellent multi tool for day to day needs, we definitely recommend the Wave+ What sold me? The hammer. I have broken several multi-tools trying to use what I thought were sturdy sections of the tool to hammer in stubborn parts on whatever I was working on. Seems a silly selling point, but just that little functional addition pushed me towards owning this.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment