276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Bartender and the Thief

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Bartender and the Thief (UK 7-inch single sleeve). Stereophonics. V2 Records. 1998. VVR5004677. {{ cite AV media notes}}: CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) ( link) Giants of the period such as Oasis, Blur, Manic Street Preachers and Pulp feature alongside the likes of Supergrass, Catatonia, The Verve and Stereophonics. Era-defining songs from groups including Dodgy, Cornershop and Ocean Colour Scene will be similarly dusted down. Jo Whiley counts down the biggest-selling songs of Britpop in a special Top 50 chart compiled by the Official Charts Company. But that said, he and his lover are shown to be an unscrupulous pair, with their crime-ridden relationship actually beginning in a church.In fact the story concludes with them using their ill-gotten gains to get married “ at the altar” and then proceed to “ set up a bar” of their own in the name of ‘robbing all the locals’. Takeaway

Eurochart Hot 100 Singles" (PDF). Music & Media. Vol.15, no.48. 28 November 1998. p.13 . Retrieved 6 September 2020. The Bartender and the Thief (UK CD1 liner notes). Stereophonics. V2 Records. 1998. VVR5004653. {{ cite AV media notes}}: CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) ( link) The Bartender and the Thief (European & Australian CD single liner notes). Stereophonics. V2 Records. 1998. VVR5004913. {{ cite AV media notes}}: CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) ( link)I Wouldn't Believe Your Radio (UK CD1 liner notes). Stereophonics. V2 Records. 1999. VVR5008823. {{ cite AV media notes}}: CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) ( link)

The Irish Charts – Search Results – The Bartender and the Thief". Irish Singles Chart. Retrieved 26 March 2018. The Bartender and the Thief (UK cassette single sleeve). Stereophonics. V2 Records. 1998. VVR5004675. {{ cite AV media notes}}: CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) ( link)So with that in mind, the first verse can be interpreted as pointing to the idea of thebartenderin the narrative getting customers “ sussed… out” or, more simply inferred, thoroughly boozed.Then after “ he calls her up”, i.e. thethief, who “ comes and hustles” said patrons when they’re most vulnerable, i.e. in an inebriated state. There were also lesbians which Kelly observed at the aforementioned establishment.And as shown in the second verse, thebartenderis so enraptured by them, i.e. ‘kissing and groping’ and talking dirty, that he’s not able to call thethiefto come in and exploit them. Najlepsze single na UK Top 40–1998 wg sprzedaży" (in Polish). Archived from the original on 4 June 2015 . Retrieved 1 May 2019.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment