276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blowback

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That these easter eggs are meaningless and even befuddling to new readers might make sense in terms of costs and benefits. Favorite quote: “You know what they say: a lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting its pants on. S. Geological Survey, leading to “immediate suspension of the National Volcano Early Warning System,” and there’s always someone around looking to monetize the natural disaster and the sasquatch-y onslaught that follows.

Blowback by James Patterson - Penguin Books Australia Blowback by James Patterson - Penguin Books Australia

Maybe, but the sasquatches whom the volcano displaced contributed to the statistics, too, if only out of self-defense.I've never read anything from James Patterson and knew he was very popular so I figured I'll give it a try. President Keegan Barrett doesn't have orange hair, nor is he inclined to throw ketchup at walls - but he does believe the only way to get "them" is for him to get them first. The plot of a president focusing on their own greatness and willing to put the country in harm to portray himself as “great” really hit home to me in our current political climate (and I hate politics! This conclusion is I must be an odd duck due to the fact that I find this novel very suspenseful and well written.

BLOWBACK | Kirkus Reviews BLOWBACK | Kirkus Reviews

As CIA agents, they’ve sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all threats, foreign and domestic. The type of ruthlessness that comes from thinking you are the smartest person on earth and no one can stop you. From the New York Times bestselling author of The President Is Missing , America has elected its most brilliant president ever, but he’s also a psychopath—and about to start a world war with our most dangerous enemy.The story didn't seem to be going anywhere interesting, and I have more interesting things to read that I know will grab me right away. What seems at first like a long overdue policy of maximum offense eventually risks inciting World War III. Americans could be forgiven for thinking they already have a pretty good idea of what that would be like. Was reluctant to give this two stars as I really used to enjoy James Pattersons works, however this one was just not for me. In fact, I read most of this book in one day which I know is not unusual for most but for me it is quite a statement.

Blowback by James Patterson, Brendan DuBois - Publishers Weekly Blowback by James Patterson, Brendan DuBois - Publishers Weekly

The problem is, they are committing acts that are outside the established levels of proper authority. Politicians, intelligence officers, foreign governments and their agents all play key roles as characters in the book, all of whom are depicted wonderfully. If everything goes the way he's sure it will, he'll end up a dictator who's admired and revered; after all, he deserves no less.

It tried to ramp up the [predictable] action, but it wasn't enough for me to salvage the weak turn it took. He and his writing partner for this one, Brendan DuBois have written quite the summer potboiler that includes a mix of Tom Clancy espionage, the television show Scandal political intrigue, and David Baldacci layered suspense.

Blowback by James Patterson | Goodreads

S.), but this one had such an intriguing premise in its subtitle, "An American President Goes Insane", and being a political thriller junkie, I had to give it a try.He has collaborated on novels with Bill Clinton and Dolly Parton and has won an Edgar Award, nine Emmy Awards, and the National Humanities Medal. President Keegan Barrett enlists the help of two of his trusted associates but it becomes increasingly clear he himself is a sociopath. It feels almost like business as usual to CIA field operative Benjamin Lucas when the defection of his Stanford schoolmate Chin Lin from the Chinese Ministry of State Security goes pear-shaped: Masked men storm the meeting in which Chin is handing over supersecret information, Chin gets shot, Ben gets abducted and imprisoned. He has written many other number one bestsellers including collaborations with President Bill Clinton and Dolly Parton, stand-alone thrillers and non-fiction.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment