276°
Posted 20 hours ago

TIMEMORE Chestnut C2 Manual Coffee Grinder Capacity 25g with CNC Stainless Steel Conical Burr - Internal Adjustable Setting,Double Bearing Positioning,French Press Coffee for Hand Grinder Gift

£36.995£73.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you’re looking for a good quality grinder, Timemore has plenty of options to choose from. In addition to the Chesnut C2, they also make the X, G1, Slim, and Nano. Read on as we explain the differences so you can find the best option for your hand grinding needs: Timemore Chestnut X Capacity seems so simple we tend to overlook it in favor of grind size, consistency, and performance by brewing method. As the name would suggest, the Chesnut Slimis a slimmer model – a full 1/4″ less in diameter than the others. Although it is also 1” taller so a trade-off has been made in that respect. From my experience, it seems like a no brainer for anybody who is able to afford the difference to skip the Timemore C2 and go straight to a 1zpresso Q2 or JX. They don’t taste identical, but they are in the same group of mid-range hand grinders that do a solid job without being revolutionary.

Review: Is Timemore C2 Worth the Hype? | The Coffee Chronicler

I don’t have the C2 anymore, so I compared the grinder to the Slim Plus with E&B burrs, which I have previously reviewed.If you plan to take your grinder on the road, weight is everything. So, the aluminum body of the Timemore Chestnut C2 grinder is a great feature is it keeps the grinder lightweight and perfect for travel. There are some plastic bearings on the inside to help stabilize the burrs. Whilst some coffee experts really dislike the use of plastic near their coffee, even the most premium coffee grinders tend to contain plastic somewhere. This helps cut down on the weight, increasing portability. Now the brand has just released a successor, the intuitively named Timemore Chestnut C3, which claims to be better in every way.

Timemore Chestnut C2 Grinder First Look » CoffeeGeek Timemore Chestnut C2 Grinder First Look » CoffeeGeek

After using the C3, the C3’s upgraded burr improves the quality over the C2 in every way. Also, the price difference is small enough that it’s easy to justify buying the C3, even on a tight budget. Burr grinders provide more consistent and even particle size distribution than blade grinders – resulting in better extraction overall.The handle has a pretty ergonomic shape and is attached to the lid. You can effortlessly attach the handle set to the grinder. It fits well, not too tight or not too loose. Timemore. (n.d.). Coffee Grinder. Retrieved May 29, 2023, from https://www.timemore.com/collections/coffee-grinder-manual The C2 is often hailed as THE cost-effective hand grinder, but when it comes to the burr quality, Timemore didn’t skimp. As long as you don’t want to make espresso every day, you can rely on the C2 to perform consistently, thanks in no small part to the burr set build quality and stabilizing dual bearings. If you want to dabble with espresso, you should probably go for the C3, but if the price is the primary concern, it will make sense to keep an eye out for a discounted C2.

TIMEMORE Chestnut C2 Manual Coffee Grinder Review TIMEMORE Chestnut C2 Manual Coffee Grinder Review

While conical burrs are good for grind consistency, steel burrs are good news for fans of manual coffee brewing and single-origin roasts. However, I could have easily paid much less and probably solved most, if not all the problems I had with the C2 above with one of the lower end 1zpresso grinders. From what I've read and seen, the Q2 and JX have comparable build quality (all metal build, wooden handle, and clear polycarbonate lid), only functionally differing in their bean capacity and grind adjustment capabilities, and they only cost tens of dollars more than the C2. But with the Chesnut C2, you not only get a (relatively) budget-friendly grinder but also a high-quality option that is built to last. In thisTimemore C2 review, we break down what makes it so great and the places you have to compromise. However, it’s already possible to 3d-print or buy various “modded” adjustment wheels for the C2 and Slim Plus in places like Etsy and Aliexpress. These “mods” will give you an extra step between each grind setting, which provides you with more flexibility when dialing in shots.And I love you for it. That’s why I’ll tell you to look elsewhere if fine-tuning grind settings is what gives you a reason to get up each morning. The Final Verdict

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment