276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ketchup Clouds

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Jhaneel I LOVED this book and I'm so sad its only a novel, coz it needs a sequel. I Love how Pitcher can capture the heart of anyone who reads!!! ***** 5 stars But Ketchup Clouds appealed to me, really it did. I was captivated by the gorgeous cover, the wonderful title and the intriguing synopsis. Annabel Pitcher is great at building suspense and you read almost the whole book until you find out who Zoe has actually killed. Zoe is very easy to relate to and has a good personality with lots of interesting quirks; this helps the book along, as the voice of Zoe is an intriguing one to listen to. party one night, Max and Zoe meet and end eventually falling for each other after a few bumps along the way. Aaron is a mystery guy who Zoe meets one night whoseems to get her.They connect

We never hear directly from Stuart but there is quite enough going on in day to day life as well as “Zoe’s” gradual revelation of the events of the past year – May 1st is the first anniversary of the boy’s death. The author succeeds in weaving an intriguing tale of family relationships, the intensity of young love, the angst of the teenager as well as keeping the readers on the edge of their seats wondering who died and who is to blame. There are also missed opportunities. Sooooo many missed opportunities. I could write a novel in response to all the things she didn't talk about. I'm tempted to writing a sarky fanfic series of letters from her prison pen pal telling her she's a twit. I'm so damn tempted to do that. Přemýšlela jsem a jsi pravděpodobně jediný člověk z celého vesmíru, který má šanci mě pochopit, takže se ti svěřím. Udělala jsem něco strašného. Opravdu. Ale už mě bolí zadek, červenám se jak langusta, do oka mi spadl kousek dveří (jo, zní to nepravděpodobně ale je to tak), ráno budu vypadat jak ufo Číňan, a proto si vyprávění nechám na jindy. Vím, že tě to velmi mrzí. Protože díky tomu zmizí spousta zbytečných slov, které si přečtou jen ti, co po nich touží. If you like Melina Marchetta's On the Jellicoe Road or anything by A.S. King, I think you might want to give this book a try. Annabel Pitcher creates a wonderfully lifelike and credible teenage voice in Zoe, allowing the reader to find out slowly and surely just what has happened to her over the past year. The family rows, the teenage angst, the blossoming relationships with boys, the responsibilities of being the older sibling, but at the same time she doesn't give much away. The sense of intrigue and the feeling of suspense builds up right up until the last few chapters when finally all is revealed to the reader.I’m reluctant to call the relationships in Ketchup Clouds a love triangle, because they're not. Not really anyway. Not in the sense of usual love triangles. But it was just as frustrating. As above with not really staying long enough on one issue to really get a feel for it, it was the same with the relationships between Zoe and The Brothers (capital letters, I feel, are necessary). It felt like we didn’t get a glimpse into either relationship for me to really root for either of them.

I'm hardly the type to say that teen characters need to act kindly to each other, or communicate effectively, because that's boring. It's more a problem that she gets away with being so heartless and clueless, when previously she painted herself as a bookish nerd who is laughed at by the entire school. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. I don't know why, but I somehow love reading books of the contemporary genre. And for the record (aside from its strange title), I chose Ketchup Clouds because of its cover (haha can't help it) and its interesting synopsis that got me curious all along. The story and characters were heart warming. I loved the sisters and the fact the story was not all about Zoe the main character. Although, at times I found it a bit muddling I still enjoyed reading about Zoe's family and friend. Whether it is sweet little Dot or troubled Soph I found it refreshing that the book allowed an input into her family life. But the name Dot. a chtěla bych ti ukázat, jak se značí spoiler tady na GR. sedím tady na gauči od babičky, co stále nevyšel z módy (nebo možná vyšel, ale mi to vůbec nevadí), zabořená mezi dvěma plyšáky. Jeden je opravdu velmi roztomilý kanec s tetováním loga kofoly a ten druhý je trochu přerostlý medvěd, co nosí už několik let stejné tričko, takže je vlastně taky prase. Fuj. Zoe seeks out a Texas Death Row inmate as a pen pal. Writing from the shelter of her garden shed in the UK, she relates the events of the previous year. Riddled with guilt over the death of her boyfriend, she confides in her penpal about her guilt, family life, and all the events leading up to the sad conclusion.I guess you know what they say: you shouldn’t judge a book by a gorgeous cover, a wonderful title and… well, you get the gist. At Max’s funeral, Zoe recites Stuart Harris’ poem, as well as a poem written by her friend. Alice Jones, the woman who signed her last letter, is her true name. In the final scene of the novel, Alice receives a letter from Aaron in Bolivia. Aaron points out that if you love something, you must let it go.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment