276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150 mm F4-5.6 Lens, Telephoto Zoom, Suitable for All MFT Cameras (Olympus OM-D & PEN Models, Panasonic G Series), Black

£79.95£159.90Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Of course when you use slower apertures, the sharpness slightly increases but I haven’t noticed a big difference overall. I have sharp lenses, and I’ve spent a lot of years using Canon’s finest, but I’m going to put my head on the block and say that I think this is up with the best. But, you can capture smoother backgrounds if you take advantage of the lens’ minimum focus distance and get in real close to the subject. For that reason alone it was quite impossible for me to continue to carry large DSLR bodies and lenses. The only thing from which it might suffer are purple flares if you have a direct light source like the midday sun in your frame.

Using this adapter reduces the minimum close-focusing range to just 24cm (around 9 inches) on certain lenses (possibly including this one, but Olympus' press information doesn't make it clear); there doesn't seem to be any information at the time of writing concerning what magnification is offered by the adapter. While that stabilization helps for still subjects and intentional blur, the narrower aperture isn’t as ideal for action. I had the camera and lens combo dangling around my body all day and I wasn’t particularly aware of the weight, nor did I grow tired whilst using it.

And due to a minimum focus distance of 70 centimeters, the Olympus 40-150mm can magnify its subject to 42% of its original size – ideal for close-up photos of small subjects. Before I move on to talk about the optics and focusing, just to note that like several other lenses in the Olympus range the 40-150mm f2. As a result, the OM System 40-150mm F4 Pro will perform reasonably well when shooting in low-light environments.

While you're not going to get pro lens levels of detail, the 40-150mm R delivers good sharpness across almost the entire zoom range. M.Zuiko is very fast to autofocus, taking less than a second to go through its entire focusing range.It handles quickly, shrugs-off inclement weather, and delivers very sharp and high contrast images right into the corners even at the maximum aperture. The OM System 40-150mm f4 Pro is capable of focusing as close as 27 inches from the front of the lens.

One of the first moves for OM System, along with a new OM1 flagship mirrorless, is to create the smallest fixed aperture telephoto yet: the OM System 40-150mm f4 Pro. Zuiko 40-150mm is made of soft tissue and resembles the traditional bag included with many lenses of this type.I hear it said time and time again that Micro 4/3 is not for professionals because there is ‘too much depth of field’ at a given aperture and ‘too much noise’ compared to a modern full frame system. Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more. At f/4 with the teleconverter, the sharpness actually decreases a little bit more at the longest focal length (150mm + MC-14 = 210mm) when the lens has to focus on a distant subject.

While it’s absurdly light for a zoom of its capabilities, it’s still a big heavy lens by most other measures. This is not a problem for Olympus users, but on some (older) Panasonic bodies without built-in image stabilization, you might be better off not using this lens. The 75-300mm was announced with the original PEN (E-P1), and while we haven't yet tested it, it definitely makes an interesting alternative if you're looking for a telephoto option for your micro-four-thirds body.Overall, the autofocus is decent — I just wish this lens had an AF limiter switch and the switch to enter into full manual mode. With the pull-back ring to enter manual focus, it’s possible to manually focus on a bird within seconds when branches throw off the AF.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment