276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Evidence of the Affair

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I enjoyed the discussion between the main characters. We could see into the lovers' relationship and also the cheated person's life.

You asked how I hide it all. I don’t know. I guess I find it pretty easy to look like nothing is happening when everything has changed.”WOW! Outstanding short story! I listened to this Audible book on my morning walk. What an enjoyment! What a great listen. I chose to listen to the audiobook as I was driving to meet a client today. I loved the narration and the letters. Totally enjoyable and a worthwhile read/listen.

Audiobook Review I mostly listened to this book. Four narrators for four different characters was genius and each gave a heartfelt performance. The pacing, inflection and emotion were all on par and the voices reflected the respective characters nicely. In the short hour and 19 minutes it takes to listen to this audiobook, you could easily whip up my Evidence of the Affair chocolate mousse. It will make you cheat…… on your diet. 😉In the realm of contemporary fiction, few authors captivate readers with their ability to delve into the complexities of human relationships quite like Taylor Jenkins Reid. With her novella Evidence of the Affair, Reid takes us on a deeply intimate and emotionally charged journey, exploring the intricacies of love, betrayal, and the profound impact of secrets. It was in turns sweet, thoughtful and melancholy as Carrie and David grow closer through the shared pain of their rejection and self-doubts, but also angering as their spouses’ hidden lives and thoughts are brought to light. My only complaint was that Janet and Ken’s letters felt a little too fawning and high school crush-like at times. Overall, the story, though brief, felt complete and the ending, though part of it was unexpected, left me satisfied. Evidence of the Affair by Taylor Jenkins Reid is a novella that revolves around the lives of two individuals whose spouses are having an affair. Set in the 1970s, the story unfolds through a series of letters exchanged between Carrie and David, offering a glimpse into their innermost thoughts, emotions, and the unraveling of their lives.

I am not alone at the party. You are at this miserable party with me. And it brings a smile to my face to be standing next to you.” You gave me hope and perspective and confidence. Right before you gave me my baby.” Taylor Jenkins Reid Through their correspondence, Carrie and David become intimately acquainted, forming a bond that transcends their initial connection. They confide in each other, sharing their hopes, fears, and regrets, providing a source of support and comfort during this tumultuous time. PDF / EPUB File Name: Evidence_of_the_Affair_-_Taylor_Jenkins_Reid.pdf, Evidence_of_the_Affair_-_Taylor_Jenkins_Reid.epubIt's an epistolary novella, featuring letters exchanged between a man and a woman who have discovered their spouses are having an affair together. It is compelling enough to keep me wondering how it would end, but it's unfortunate that everything went pretty much exactly how I expected. No surprises here. Released as a digital serial in 2018 and later compiled into a single volume, Evidence of the Affair showcases Reid’s distinctive storytelling prowess in a condensed yet impactful format. As their letters progress, Carrie and David confide in one another, sharing their doubts, anger, and eventually, a glimmer of hope. They embark on a mission to uncover the truth about their spouses’ affair, seeking evidence that will validate their suspicions and provide closure to their shattered lives.

Tell me, does your husband make you feel the way I can? Does he touch you the way I do? Does he make you scream so loud the people in the next room complain? Because I do. I know how to do that to you.” Carrie and David have never met, they live hundreds of miles away from each other, but Carrie feels that it is her duty to make David aware of the situation. In 1976, David receives a letter from Carrie shattering his illusion, hers has already been shattered, you see Carrie’s husband has been having an affair, and it looks like the person he is secretly seeing is Davids wife! As their friendship grows, they struggle with what to do. Should they confront their spouses, which could lead to the end of their marriages? Is that what they want? Do they want to start life anew, or do they want one more try at recapturing the magic they once had with their spouse? Both Carrie and David aren't sure what they want, and they aren't sure at first what their spouses' next steps will be either.Taylor Jenkins Reid told this story in such a unique way. It’s 1976, and Carrie Allsop just found letters from another woman to her husband. After reading them, she realizes they are having an affair and that the woman is married to a man named David. So she writes him a letter. Evidence of the Affair is a standalone novella by Taylor Jenkins Reid and does not belong to any series. It is a self-contained story that delves into the intricacies of love, betrayal, and the aftermath of an affair. So no need to go and splurge your bank account on TJR books (although we highly recommend it). Is Evidence of the Affair a romance novel?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment