276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Talking with Serial Killers: A chilling study of the world's most evil people

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If I'm interested I'll go to the front of the book where most authors list their previous books or are Google your other books.

When discussing his language towards disability I'd like to bring up the quote Dennehy who, before she started snuffing out lives, had been sectioned under the Mental Health Act - twice! Maybe it doesn't help that we've all become so true-crime obsessed since Berry-Dee helped kicked off the trend that we know much more about most of these serial killers these days that a lot of his book comes across as general fact. But this guy is the cherry, the cream and the first layer of chocolate on the cake and tops it all off with unbelievably self-indulging comments. A large portion of this book is just stating facts about female killers rather than any actual in depth discussion about them.I think the author included them because he thinks they would've gone on to become serial killers had they not been caught, but THAT ISN'T REALLY THE POINT OF THIS BOOK. I'm not too sure about the veracity of the author's claims that he was in personal contact with each and every one of these people as there doesn't appear to be anything in the book that feels like it is new information. I don't like giving negative reviews and it's purely because I don't want to put the author down, but I just can't say I enjoyed reading this. The biggest issue I have with this is the author's ego is as heavily imprinted into this text as the killers.

This is a rather harrowing read looking at case study of some of the most awful serial killers to have existed. Sometimes he uses a comma after this word and sometimes he doesn’t, making it clear that his peculiar punctuation isn’t a deliberate stylistic choice but rather ignorance in regards to grammar rules. It was very sad that they all seemed to have a terrible upbringing, there was definitely a pattern there. Sonia Sutcliffe first discovered that her husband, Peter, was leading a secret existence as 'the Yorkshire Ripper' only when he was arrested.Mă simțeam ușurată atunci când fiecare sesiune lua sfârșit, iar mai ușurată când trecusem prin fața tuturor și ajunsesem la ieșire. As with psychopathy, people with NPD make up approximately 1 per cent of the population with rates greater in men.

It also helps that it covered cases I was completely unaware of so this likelyy made it much more interesting for me. What especially rubs me the wrong way is his holier-than-thou treatment of victims and survivors from his High Horse of Hindsight.

Also the author seems obsessed with the women’s look (if she was attractive/ if she was overweigh) which seems both weirdly misplaced and is huge off-putting. The format of the chapters seemed to be that the heading was the name of the killer and each section had a paragraph depicting their method of killing, a small section about their method and the victims. If you want to read an actual account from an author who is trying to trace what's gone wrong in killers and how we can work to limit these occurrences in the future, I warmly recommend "Listening To Killers - Lessons Learned from my 20 Years as Psychological Expert Witness in Murder Cases" by James Garbarino.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment