276°
Posted 20 hours ago

High-Intensity Training the Mike Mentzer Way (NTC SPORTS/FITNESS)

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For modern trainees, Mentzer’s life and writings should act as a call to arms to question everything, discover what is best for one’s body, and, more importantly, train with purpose and intensity. That alone makes Mentzer a worthy bodybuilding legend. References The Sandwich, ‘Mike Mentzer,’ Ironman, 1 November 2001. https://www.ironmanmagazine.com/mike-mentzer/ Rest-pause is another method of transcending failure. Mike Mentzer had a unique method of doing rest-pause. He advised doing a set of four to six maximum reps with rests of 10-15 seconds between reps (and a 20% weight reduction near the end), so, in essence, the set would be a series of all-out singles.

Mentzer advocates doing only 1 set of each exercise and training that set to failure with maximum intensity. But why is 1 set more rational than 2? If 1 is better than 0, why is 2 worse than 1? Conor Heffernan, ‘Before the Carnivore Diet,’ Physical Culture Study, December 16, 2019. https://physicalculturestudy.com/2019/12/16/before-the-carnivore-diet-rheo-h-blairs-meat-and-water-diet-1960s-2/ Workout Systems: Mike Mentzer’s Heavy Duty’, Poliquin Group. December 20, 2016. https://www.poliquinstore.com/articles/workout-systems-mike-mentzers-heavy-duty/Mike Mentzer (November 15, 1951–June 10, 2001) was an American IFBB professional bodybuilder, businessman and author. [4] [2] Early life and education [ edit ] Mentzer cut the number of sets he used and upped his intensity. The results were transformative, but life prevented Mentzer from truly showing them off. Due to both a shoulder injury and increasingly more responsibility in the Air Force, Mentzer was virtually inactive from bodybuilding until late 1974. (7) Mentzer died on June 10, 2001, in Rolling Hills, California. He was found dead in his apartment, due to heart complications, by his younger brother and fellow bodybuilder Ray Mentzer. Two days later, Ray died from complications from his long battle with Berger's disease. [2] See also [ edit ]

Since every title winner was training six days a week for at least two hours a day, who was I to question such practices? These guys were my heroes, so I followed suit,” Mentzer wrote in his book Intensity, Insights and Insults: How Mike Mentzer Changed Bodybuilding.“For a young man of 15 with no real responsibilities and a superabundance of energy, such training didn’t seem all that demanding.” ( 9) Fellas, I'll level with you. I'm utterly Mentzerpilled. The first three quarters of this book is Mike Mentzer systematically deconstructing every broscience myth you learned from the kid who "taught you lifting" at the field house. So he's a dork, but he's credentialed. Let's give it a try. I'll hop on High Intensity Training the Mike Mentzer way for a few months, and if I'm shredded to the bone and 5'8" by June, we'll know it worked. When Mentzer first began training, he had a simple goal in mind — to look like five-time Mr. Universe Bill Pearl. ( 8) Doing what anyone else did in a time before the internet, he turned to fitness magazines for advice.Jones wrought a fundamental change in how I thought about training, but an even greater influence was the one he had on my thinking,” Mentzer told the late bodybuilding journalist Peter McGough. “While my parents and teachers had paid what amounted to, in retrospect, only superficial lip service to the values of thought, logic, and reason, Arthur Jones was absolutely passionate about those values.” ( 6)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment