276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Never Go Back (Jack Reacher, Book 18)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Janet Maslin, writing in The New York Times, stated that the book "may be the best desert island reading in the series. It's exceptionally well plotted. And full of wild surprises. And wise about Reacher's peculiar nature. And positively Bunyanesque in its admiring contributions to Reacher lore." [3] Film adaptation [ edit ] Combining an intricate puzzle of a plot and an exciting chase for truth and justice, Lee Child puts Reacher through his paces--and makes him question who he is, what he's done, and the very future of his untethered life on the open road. It's a bit like the author has taken the cliched framework of a thriller, disassembled it, added in some different names but taken out a couple of key ingredients viz. the crime and the motivation.

We then skip forward in time, Max and Annie have married…and divorced, separated from each other for more than a year they are still drawn to each other like moths to a flame. Old enmities persist, the Delaneys want Max to pay for times past. Smashed nightclubs, old mates dead, witnesses drowned. Who is on whose side?FilmL.A. (May 23, 2017). "2016 Feature Film Study" (PDF). FilmL.A. Feature Film Study: 21. Archived (PDF) from the original on July 31, 2017 . Retrieved May 3, 2018.

Reacher, Turner, Espin and a team of MPs, acting on information from Prudhomme, intercept a shipment of weapons due to enter the country, where they confront Harkness and his men. Espin finds antitank weapons, as declared in the flight manifest. They also learn that Harkness framed Turner, who had been investigating his activities, for the murders of the two soldiers who had discovered that Harkness was selling weapons to insurgents and smuggling opium into the US. FilmL.A. (May 2017). "2016 Feature Film Study" (PDF). FilmL.A. Feature Film Study. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2017-07-31 . Retrieved 2017-05-23. Inferno' Takes on the World Series as 'Doctor Strange' Debuts Overseas". Box Office Mojo. Archived from the original on 2018-06-18 . Retrieved 2020-04-17. For the pure pleasure of uncomplicated, nonstop action, no one touches Reacher, who accurately observes that “I trained myself...to turn fear into aggression.”

Become a Member

It tells the story of a group of RAF comrades from national service who meet up again at a reunion in a scottish castle, where they escaped punishment if they agreed to go on an education program from a series of minor crimes committed.

In the spellbinding new mystery by the master of “the clever twist,” a group of ex-RAF comrades journey to a Scottish castle for a reunion. But by the time they reach their destination, two of them are dead. Lord, I do love the analyses we get when Reacher is planning his moves. Do all fighters think this way? I’m curious.The story takes place in the present, but we see flashes of the past as Harry uncovers fragments of his memories. These lead him to question his fellow soldiers and their families. He doesn’t understand what he’s discovering, and he can’t quite believe it. The police don’t believe him either. Look this is a good story. There are still the logical inconsistencies that plague this series for me but I suppose that I've read so many now that I've beefed up my suspension of disbelief muscles. If you like good fast moving action thrillers this will probably not disappoint. Principal photography on the film began on October 20, 2015, in New Orleans, Louisiana. [19] On November 23, 2015, filming took place in Baton Rouge, [20] and in January 2016, filming also took place in St. Francisville. [21] Filming wrapped on January 30, 2016. A tasty, if not always tasteful, tale of supernatural mayhem that fans of King and Crichton alike will enjoy.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment