276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Skyloong 64 GK64 GK64x RGB Hot Swap Programmable Wired Case PCB Plate Cherry MX Keyboard DIY kit Replacable Space

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Now let’s take a look at the Geek GK64 mechanical keyboard, at first touch this keyboard feels really nice for its price, the design is good and it is pretty lightweight but it doesn’t flex that much. It weighs around 442 grams which is currently the lightest keyboard that I’ve tried. The layout is non-standard but that’s because it squeezed in the dedicated arrow keys which I really appreciate. Our servers are getting hit pretty hard right now. To continue shopping, enter the characters as they are shown And lastly, we also have the layer switch feature which I think is the most important tool that you need for this keyboard. It’s a non-standard 60% layout that fits in dedicated arrow keys not typically found on 60% mechanical keyboards. This type of layout obviously requires some compromises to key size and placement. Most notable are the short right shift (1u), modifier keys to the right of the spacebar (removed or reduced to 1u) and slightly shorter 2u left shift. Not only will this make finding replacement keycaps more difficult, but it also shifts the stagger of the keys on one row to the left by 0.25u. For my needs having dedicated arrow keys is eminently useful so those compromises are worth the result.

pair my GK64 Bluetooth keyboard? : r - Reddit How do I pair my GK64 Bluetooth keyboard? : r - Reddit

There are issues with the web GUI such as not being able to map the base layer. I'd recommend avoiding the GUI if possible. A tag already exists with the provided branch name. Many Git commands accept both tag and branch names, so creating this branch may cause unexpected behavior. Are you sure you want to create this branch? P.s: I’m using a MacBook air and I can type the “~” tilde sign there. But then I’m just switching between keyboards(which I did right now lol) and that’s not ideal.One accessory the GK64 includes is a padded pouch for storage or transport. The keyboard was shipped inside the pouch, which I believe kept it from being further damaged. The box itself is fairly thin and provides minimal protection. If you're running from source you'll need to copy the driver folder from a release build. For updating the GUI files see updating.txt. gui_le Copies the lighting files created using the gui to the Data/lighting/ folder so that the map command can use them. Additional commmands The physical dimensions of the GK64 measure in at approximately 11.5 inches by 4.125 inches. As expected from a full aluminum keyboard it weighs a hefty 910g (just barely over 2 pounds). To put that number in perspective the GK64 is a little heavier than the Durgod TKL keyboard I previously reviewed, despite being quiet a bit smaller in length and width. It’s well over 300 grams heavier than the Anne Pro, a similarly sized 60% mechanical keyboard. The /p command line arg can be used to set a prefixed file name of the config to use. For example GK6X.exe /p test will use test - 655491200.txt as the target config file (where the keyboard model id is 655491200).

What kind of stabilizers fit the gk64? : r/MechanicalKeyboards What kind of stabilizers fit the gk64? : r/MechanicalKeyboards

To be brutally honest, the software is unrefined and mediocre ( at best). With a little patience it can get the job done, but I did find it extremely difficult to use, cumbersome and mostly undocumented with a poorly designed UI. You basically have to go through trial and error to figure out what half the buttons and options even do.

One of the most important aspects of a mechanical keyboard that is often overlooked by manufacturers is the stabilized keys. The rest of the keyboard could be absolutely perfect, but if the stabilizers are of low quality or improperly installed it instantly ruins the typing feel and sound. No worries about that here. The GK64 has excellent stabilizers with proper installation and plenty of lubrication. You can reprogram the base layer, layers 1-3, and layers 1-3 whilst the fn is held down. You can't move the fn key, but TempSwitchLayer1/2/3 can act similar to a secondary fn key. The base layer fn key set can't be mapped. unmap The only downside of this layout is it’s not standard so it is more difficult to get compatible custom keycaps, although I’ve seen some that are specifically made for this layout. This is used to update the data files from the official software. This exact process needs to be re-documented ( Updating.txt). Additional info

GK64X/GK64XS - epomaker SKYLOONG GK64X/GK64XS - epomaker

Maps the keyboard based on the config in UserData/YOUR_MODEL_ID.txt. See Sample.txt for examples of setting keys, macros, and lighting. In my opinion 6 feet or longer is preferable, but it should be long enough for use at most desk setups. I also would have liked to seen another shorter USB-C to USB-C cable included for mobile devices, considering the GK64 is small enough to be portable.https://github.com/wgwoods/gk64-python - thanks to @wgwoods for his work on annotating the dissasembly of the GK64 firmware. layout, PCB is compatible with multiple switches, supports Cherry Switch/Gateron Switch/Kailh BOX Switch, etc Resets the keyboard to the default config. The dedicated reset keyboard key combo will be more effective; refer to your manual. gui

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment