276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AMEER AL OUD Intense Arabian Oudh Perfume Eau De Parfum 100ml Men Women Unisex Fragrance

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It was very different from everything I own and as something of a mixologist I also love fragrances that can be used a great layer - in this case the base. This oud note is imbued with a smokey quality that doesn’t overwhelm but rather enhances the overall sensory experience.

Edit 2: Further into the dry down - about an hour after first application - the sweetness reemerges and this becomes a nice warm, sweet, smoky, woody scent with about a foot of projection.statement" fragrance that BTF is, along with having a sweeter disposition, AAOIO's greater wearability is a noticeable strength compared to BTF. Spent a fair time thinking about this one after receiving it this morning, so felt compelled to post my second review.

Okay, so although I really like the fragrance it’s not something I could personally wear on a day to day I feel this Leans a little more masculine then I would usually be comfortable wearing as the oud is definitely very prominent.the vanilla is bold and creamy in the dry down and paired with oud i always find this combo reminiscent of fresh baked goods, even a little gingerbread like. It is a complex scent which develops as time wears on into the most beautiful caramelly vanillic smokey fragrance. I like to spray this on the back of my hands and the tops of my knees so I can smell wafts of it throughout the day.

It's important to note though that the excellent performance of the Intense Oud means it can only be 'topped' (layered) by another quality fragrance or said edp will get lost in the mix. It’s probably my fault that I did not listen to the reviews saying this is more of a male scent, but since I love all the notes mentioned (and I expected it to be heavy on the vanilla), I blind bought this one. I have a full bottle of this and a decant of BTFP and sprayed on the back of each hand, if you put your nose up close, they are quite different but in the air quite similar. I bought this under the impression it would be a dupe for By the Fireplace but it’s not even close to my nose.I expect after an hour or so you’d not notice much different from BTF and for me the times I’d wear a fragrance like that is quite limited. That said, once this starts drying down, that burnt sugar smell comes through really nicely in the sillage - if you smell directly ccloser to the skin, you get more of that burnt wood that you get from BTF. Yeah, maybe those Oud notes appear after about 3 and a half hours as a sweet almondy tobacco with dark dried fruits. edneyheleneusa, Same mistake as with all fragrances, and ALL tend to do, by over-spraying, THAT, is what gives people a headache, and not just yourself!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment