276°
Posted 20 hours ago

4711 Original Eau De Cologne 100 ml

£11£22.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This comes from another time, another era (early 18th C), when dousing yourself in smell was improper/sacrilege?

Not that it smells medicinal, but is has that bracing, healthful quality you think of when you smell eaux de cologne, embrocation waters and ointments, and digestive/health bitters. What I really love is that it doesn't interfere with a scent I put on afterwards, which is a big plus. Keep a bottle in there so after you wash your hands and face or whatever you can splash some on your neck or chest and smell nice.With a history spanning over 200 years, 4711 originated in Cologne and has come to typify the Eau De Cologne (water from Cologne) perfume enjoyed by millions today. Those notes fade away fast and I’m left with a soft realistic jasmine and the fading fruity citrus notes now perceived as faint wisps of pettigrain. Bold herbal mid tones of lavender and rosemary are then revealed, giving way to delicate, peppery musk. I never believed in paying big money for citrus colognes, and 4711 proves that point - it smells effortlessly classy and high-quality.

It’s a little spicy and aromatic as well, making for a strong “clean'' feel that isn’t harsh or synthetic. com perfumes magazine - All Rights Reserved - do not copy anything without prior written permission. The 4711 perfume, which was still classified as a perfumed water at the time, has been available since 1799. But these days there are so many other fragrances with the same function as this, that have built from it and are stronger and more complex. In this case, it's alright with me seeing as how this is a classic blend, I don’t think they messed with it or modernized it, from start to finish this smelled like real oils and/or extracts.To put it another way, you could get in a lift with other people straight after applying it and they'd definitely all still be conscious when the doors re-opened! A fleeting presence, it graces the skin like an aquatic mist, ephemeral and light, a whisper of coolness against the sweltering embrace of summer.

When I let 4711 settle on my skin, several adjectives came to mind: fresh, clean, proper, noble, elegant, well groomed, hygienic, bright, citrusy, uplifting, carefree and upbeat, aristocratic, and regal.Unfortunately we are no longer able to send to France, Germany, Norway, Slovakia or Sweden due to customs regulations. Please read the full reviews and consider your own needs and preferences before making a purchasing decision. It definitely lasts longer than a few minutes though and I can still detect it 6-7 hours later if I wet my skin.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment