276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Laws of the Skies

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Throw in Max, a journalist linked to two of the victims, and the whole nightmare seems to get more tangled.

Thanks to the author, Coach House Books, and NetGalley for the opportunity to read an advance copy of this book. In league with JD Salinger, Katherine Mansfield, and Guy De Maupassant, in Pure Hollywood Schutt gives us sharply suspenseful and masterfully dark interior portraits of ordinary lives, infused with her signature observation and surprise.In this sliver of a novel, he gradually picks off his cast, mounting tension by juxtaposing horrific action with the children's innocence and an innocuous setting. When he’s assigned to join a crew of elite security personnel in Chabon, Africa, Ryker’s mission objective is clouded by politics and obfuscation, and he knows only that to protect British interests in the region, he has to infiltrate the close protection team of the government of Chabon, a country with a dark and violent past. A child of the 1990s, and the ultimate millennial 'slashie', she's seen it all, done it all, and written all about it. From start to finish I was captivated by the unfathomable darkness of this little story (only 148 pages on my tablet).

Every month, like customs agents with a penchant for literature, we’re scouring the latest imports to these shores looking for the best crime novels, mysteries, and thrillers. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.not (just) because i’m a monster, but for the balls of its plot combined with the quality of its writing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment