276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Washington Poe and Avison Fluke Series 4 Books Collection Set By M. W. Craven (The Puppet Show, Black Summer, Born in a Burial Gown, Body Breaker)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

What’s more baffling than anything, Estelle has been in the house with her father and a sprinkling of fresh snow remains undisturbed. All the while, a mysterious poisoner has been sending high-profile celebrities poems and pressed flowers, explaining how they will die. Their deaths soon follow, though no one can explain how it happened. Enter Poe and Tilly Bradshaw, who begin deciphering the poems, as well as the means by which this poisoner, called ‘The Botanist’, has been completing the task. No amount of police presence or surveillance appears able to help victims, which makes the killings all the more troubling. Personal friend of the gritty detective Washington Poe is charged with murder. With all the evidence pointing to Estelle Doyle’s guilt, this amounts to the perfect set-up or the truth that Estelle did in fact murder her father. Storyline and Plot ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ The plot was gripping and written at a pace that controlled and intensified the feeling of fear and terror. I loved that the book was unpredictable and it was only towards the end that the reader could piece together all the treads of the story. As it should be in crime novels.

Reading The Puppet Show, we were immediately drawn to the brilliant and surprising partnership of Detective Washington Poe and analyst Tilly Bradshaw. Mike Craven has created a distinctive, darkly humorous and compelling series that we can’t wait to develop for British and worldwide television viewers.” – Susan Hogg, Head of Drama: Studio Lambert M.W. Craven is an accomplished author of fiction. He is an English writer known for his crime fiction novels. Prominent chef Jared Keaton is currently serving a life sentence for the murder of his daughter Elizabeth. Though her body was never found, detective Washington Poe's evidence and testimony was enough for a conviction. Entertainment/unputdownability (if it's not a word, it should be! :) ) -- 5 stars -- fast-paced and gripping.The body count keeps going up, and as it does, Poe finds out that he is much more invested in this case than he would have thought. In a conclusion where everything that Poe has believed about himself gets shattered, he will soon find out that there are things even worse out there than being burned alive. Can he catch a killer before it’s too late? Read this book to find out! But if I have one critique on the book that would be the last unexpected twist which was for me one too much, even if this was a pretty good and easy to read book that was perhaps rather difficult to put down. The many short chapters did help of course. A notorious misogynist, Kane Hunt, reveals a death threat, a pressed dried flower and appalling poetry, prior to dying on a live TV talk show, he is found to have been poisoned. This is followed by the shamelessly corrupt and disgraced Tory MP for Sheffield East receiving the same type of threat, and despite being closely guarded, found dead in his bath. A far right social media commentator, monetising racism, claiming truth and facts are 'fake news', is isolated and closely monitored in hospital by both medical staff and the police, yet once again The Botanist manages to slip through the net. DI Stephanie Flynn, Poe and even Tilly struggle to find any leads, how is the botanist getting away with his crimes, he has surfaced out of the blue, how did he get to be so good? Surely he must have committed similar crimes before? In a twisted narrative a popular killer develops a cult following and Doyle is charged with murder, the pressure is on to solve 2 impossible time sensitive cases.

They have loads left to do I suspect. The end of The Curator will leave everyone reeling and things won’t be the same for a while. That said, Dead Ground, Poe 4, is written and ready to go next June, Poe 5, The Botanist, is almost done and Poe 6, The Third Light, is fully plotted. Cut Short, a linked trio of short stories, including the recent freebie, ‘Why Don’t Sheep Shrink?’ is out in September. I have another short out in an upcoming anthology and another one out at Christmas. You get humour - omg this one had me laughing out loud and giggling hours later when I thought about some of the things that happened to Poe because of course it was going to happen to Poe. Tilly’s innocence and never ending loyalty are beautiful and filled with laughs. Poe as always is his dry and grumpy self which just never gets old. He adores his friend Tilly and will always defend her - never end this friendship it is truly delightful. 🤣A couple of points stood out for me. First, you’ll probably figure out who the Curator is well before the hair raising finale. With some books, this would be a deal breaker that diminishes the rest of the story. Not so here. All it does is fuel your need to know the W’s: why, when, where & what(TF). The second thing is a question for the GR gang. Is anyone else starting to picture Poe as Reacher’s little brother (who was kidnapped as a toddler & raised in England)? And I mean that as a compliment.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment