276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Agwa Liqueurs, 70 cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We took inspiration from their work and re-designed the coca leaf liquid to accommodate current laws by ensuring that the banned cocaine alkaloid was not present," Wilson says. "However, the coca leaf has many more mysteries and indeed benefits than the abused cocaine." The Finalists were chosen by an independent pre-selection panel consisting of Dr Clarissa Ball, Director of the UWA Institute of Advanced Studies, Amy Barrett-Lennard, Director of the Perth Institute of Contemporary Arts (PICA), Linton Partington, Founding Director of Linton & Kay Galleries, Bahar Sayed, Curatorial Assistant at AGWA, and Tyrown Waigana, artist and designer After imbibing about two thirds ofa bottle, I started to feel a bit more pep in my step. Maybe I was just drunk and succumbing to the placebo effect, but there was definitely a small buzz of energy pulsing through my body. Its impossible to tell if it was from the coca leaf, or just the guarana and caffeine, but I did feel a noticeable change. As far as i can tell, it works just as advertised. It’s a great story and it gives AGWA de Bolivia the kind of taboo excitement that only a spirit like absinthe used to get. Beyond the hype and hoopla, Coca Leaf actually has a fantastic taste. We’ve had it infused in other spirits (most recently a coca pisco, which is a traditional infusion) and it has a terrific and almost indescribable herbal, vegetal taste that is slightly bitter and slightly spicy. Recommended Serve:Bite into a lime wedge, then drink a shot of Agwa. Taste the sweetness and herbal flavours offsetting the sour lime.

We tried AGWA de Bolivia both at room temperature and from the freezer. Room temperature AGWA de Bolivia is more herbaceous and spicy, while from the freezer it becomes a lot sweeter and citrusy. It does get you high," says Rich Naegeli, the broker/distributor for Agwa in Arizona and New Mexico. "If you drink enough of it, it will actually get you high."Appointed in 2017 under Section 6(1)(a) of the Art Gallery of the Art Gallery Act 1959 – Term Ends 2023 Agwa de Bolivia, often shortened to AGWA, is a herbal liqueur made with Bolivian coca leaves and 37 other natural herbs and botanicals [1] including green tea, ginseng, and guarana, [2] distilled and produced in Amsterdam by BABCO Europe Limited. The coca leaf content of the drink, like that in Coca-Cola, has the cocaine alkaloids removed during production, and does not contain the drug. Simultaneously, the marketing campaigns behind Agwa have clearly played off the faux blow angle. Slogans have included "Alco-Jolt," "Melts in your mouth, not in your nose," and "lqdblo." South American natives are said to chew raw coca leaves with lime to release the cocaine alkaloids from the leaf, and many Agwa drink recipes include limes or lime powder. One marketing kit even included an Agwa de Bolivia mirror, vials of lime powder, and straws.

Since making its way to bars and liquor stores across the Valley this spring, Agwa de Bolivia has built a reputation as a mystery liquor that's highly intoxicating, yet strangely energizing, too. It's not the tastiest thing to drink straight, but seems to mix well with almost anything. It's being hailed as "the new absinthe" by some, "the new Jägermeister" by others, and being celebrated as everything from an alleged booster of sexual prowess to a substitute for illegal drugs. San Francisco World Spirits Competition results 2011 by class" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-11-26 . Retrieved 2013-08-28. This year's 40 finalists were chosen from more than 700 entries received from artists across Australia.Amongst the 2022 Finalists are 13 artists from Victoria, 11 from WA, 10 from NSW, three from QLD, 2 from Tasmania and one from South Australia. The Lester Prize 2022 sees the return of former Finalists Hamid Abbasi, Sophia Alone, Andy Quilty, Jill Talbot, Nathan Paddison and Elizabeth Barden. Designed by Perth-based firm TAG Architects and Sydney firm fjmt, AGWA's new Rooftopis the largest, commercially-available rooftop venue in Perth, accommodating up to 500 people.

AGWA Cafe and Bar

Agwa can be enjoyed in a huge number of combinations, or simply on ice by itself. Try experimenting with these:

The AGWA brand claims a longstanding heritage that honors traditional Bolivian coca leaf liqueurs, the first of which was produced by the De Medici family in Bologna in 1820. [3] Previous to this, however, the coca leaf had been used for thousands of years by the native South American population. However, they for the most part chewed the leaf; by comparison, the making of alcoholic drinks was of a more limited scope. [3] These older variants of the liqueur were enjoyed by many in anecdotal accounts, including Rudyard Kipling, who described the drink as being made "from the clippings and shavings of angels' wings". [4] AGWA itself claims to build upon this long-standing tradition of coca leaf infused liquor.But by 4 a.m., it was clear that I wasn't going to fall asleep anytime soon. My head was buzzing, and I was absolutely wired awake. I decided to mow the lawn after alphabetizing my vinyl record collection. As with Coca-Cola, the makers of Agwa de Bolivia Coca Leaf Liqueur — the Bapco International Company of Dublin, Ireland — use an extract of "spent" leaves left over from a maceration and distillation process that removes the cocaine alkaloids. Bapco distills coca leaves shipped from Bolivia to Amsterdam, where Agwa de Bolivia is manufactured from a benign coca extract. Importation of the finished product into the United States is legal, although the U.S. version of the drink contains 32 milligrams of coca leaf extract, as opposed to the 40 milligrams of extract found in the European version.

Agwa is just the latest spirit in a centuries-old tradition of coca-based drinks. Coca leaves have been used in drink recipes for hundreds of years by the Andean peoples of South America, and the leaves continue to be a vibrant part of the culture. In Bolivia, a drink called mate de coca is almost as popular as tea and coffee. In Colombia, the Nasa Indians make and sell a brew called Coca-Sek, a carbonated energy drink containing syrup from boiled coca leaves. Agwa De Bolivia, as it’s called, is a new-ish herbal liqueur made with a blend of 37 different botanicals — the most noteworthy of which just so happens to be the coca leaf.

Exhibition Labels

Throw in the idea that Agwa can increase sexual potency (a claim made by numerous college guys on Internet forums), and you've got the perfect party drink for yuppies, Yippies, hippies, and pretty much everyone in between. This isn’t cocaine, it’s just a delicious green brew making its way to the top bars and liqueur stores. It’s a non-toxic drink which is surprisingly energizing too. It is said to increase sexual potency in men. Well, this is not scientifically proven or claimed by anybody. It’s just what people experience after drinking it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment