276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Hatmakers

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives. This is a delightful middle grade story about an alternative version of Britain where there are magical families of makers who each make one thing.

Christian women increasingly look to nationally known figures for spiritual formation and inspiration—especially when they don’t see leaders who look like them stepping up in their own churches. The great thing about this is that there is huge potential with this world moving forward, and as this is the first in a series, I am beyond excited to see the adventure Cordelia goes on next. Cordelia's father is on a journey to find the ingredients to make the hats when his ship goes down in a storm - and he is lost. Those folks are able to embody a point of view and be prophets,” said Nikki Toyama-Szeto, a vice president at International Justice Mission (IJM).I really enjoyed the mystery of where Cordelia’s father has gone and I can see that this will continue in the sequel. The famed Maker families are renowned across the city and their work is incredibly important so creating hats must continue though grief fills the house. Overall a great start to a fantastical series and I would highly recommend you reading this as soon as it publishes! Dr Aley, director of global operations for the Oxford Vaccine Group, will be made an OBE for services to vaccination during the Covid-19 pandemic. The book is beautifully illustrated to boot, and although I read this as an eBook think it would be a stunning paperback to read tucked up in bed or under piles of blankets under a star dusted sky.

Given that this is a book for younger readers the heroes and villains are quite clearly defined, although one did take me by surprise. There is a lot that goes on with various mysteries and villains that'll keep you reading to find out the who, what, when, where and why. Hatmaker pushed back by promoting Tyler Merritt's response which asserted Governor Abbott's position was "heartless, outdated" and declared we "are coming after you. Butterfield stated that Jen Hatmaker's well meaning "words would have put a millstone around my neck" and, "how I feel does not tell me who I am.The first in a new series set in an alternative England where those who make clothes (The Makers) can use their skills to add magic to their garments for a variety of purposes. Still, without traditional structures in place, followers can find themselves wondering Having authored five novels, Jill now has a stack of self-published books that she is immensely proud of - My Sister, Myself; Becoming Fran; The Saturday Letters; The Hatmaker's Secret; and A Place of Safety. Working with SilverWood has also given Jill the chance to issue a second edition of The Hatmaker's Secret and bring it up to a standard that she feels fits with the rest of her novels.

When Cordelia's father Prospero and his ship, the Jolly Bonnet, are lost at sea during a mission to collect hat ingredients, Cordelia is determined to find him. I really enjoyed this book, I thought that the world has been really planned out and I really connected to the main character of Cordelia.And the hats need unique ingredients—like feather of an owl for which you have to undertake a journey, storms in jars, moonbeams etc. Meanwhile Cordelia’s investigations into her father’s disappearance place her in all the right places to become chief suspect for the crimes. Today, women may launch their own organizations—such as Christine Caine’s Propel, a ministry for women in the marketplace, or Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth’s True Woman, a spinoff of her radio program—or simply build off the success of a book or blog. it's time to be more directly invested in the spiritual nurture of half your church,” tweeted Jen Wilkin last month.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment