276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Joop! Homme Absolute Eau de Parfum

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Smells like bubblegum which must be the honey & heliotrope mixing together it's like a sweet bubblegum floral type smell, I realized some flowers just have a bubblegum smell because I have Belladonna Amarydis growing in my garden and it also smells like bubblegum. However I don't smell the other notes in here like vanilla, I can't get past the bubblegum smell it's really strong After the first hour, I am reminded that this is indeed a Joop scent, as it begins to sweeten on the skin via that kind of ‘house signature’ Joop do, with tonka and some flowers coming through. This scent opens with bright citrus and fragrant orange blossom that soon bleeds into a heart of sweet cinnamon and the powdery/almond floral note of heliotrope. Sweet jasmine also mantes an appearance, dusted with cardamom. This marks my second review of the previously repulsive Joop! Homme. In my original review I talked about my disappointment that I wasnt completely in love with this fragrance, mostly due to a strange urine note I was detecting (fatal error on my part as I had a cold when I sampled it and so my nose wasnt working properly.)

No This is Frag all about warm spice that has some sweetness, great longevity and a nice local sillage that does not make me go nose blind thougout its wear. its a great date scent and its easy on the nose. Joop! Homme Sport Eau de Toilette is a minty-fresh marine fragrance that many Joop! fans say is similar to Jean Paul Gaultier’s Le Male. Released in 2016, the perfumer responsible for this ‘freshie’ is Antoine Lie.The bottle is tall and straight lines with slightly broader shoulders than the base. The pale blue glass emits a real summer vibe and is set off nicely by the silver cap. Upon dry-down, sweet vanilla soon becomes most dominant, with touches of tonka bean and warm woods. Finally settles into a warm and spicy vanilla scent with powdery edges. The opening is impressive, with bittersweet orange, sour rhubarb and a touch of spice from Pimento peppers. A floral heart unveils powdery violet, earthy geranium and forest-fresh cypress.

As for when to wear, in my opinion, this is a spring/summer daytime fragrance. Great for almost any occasion from weddings, lunches, shopping trips, city breaks and even post-exercise. This is a fresh daytime spring/summer/autumn fragrance that is suitable for most occasions. Think, post-gym, running errands, shopping, lunches. It is also office safe. Overall this is a nice affordable fragrance. If you love cinnamon and orange blossom, you should definitely give it a try. It has now dried down to a lovely soft, sweet vanilla & honeyed tobacco base, that reminds me of Godet Mondanité. In the end i gave it to him and i can safely say there is nothing wrong with the fragrance because in the air, on him, it smells just as good as i remember it the first time. Thats where the magic is with Joop Homme, in the air! Not smelled upclose. Had this for a long time. Originally I thought it was okay. But after a few uses I just couldn't stand it anymore. Its very urinal cake.Last year I degraded my bottle with about 30 ml left. For sure the scent was not so good anymore. I detected more alcohol so I brought it to the garden and use it every now and then to spray in my garbage bin. I was working in the garden yesterday and decided to spray and closed the bin again. Continued my job but had a big laugh, went in and told my wife the scent was now all over our garden. JOOP! is a very interesting fragrance and a real shapeshifter. The "ambered fougère" is a bit of an oxymoron, inasmuch as "fougère" usually means bright, dry and sharp, while "ambered" very often means sweet and darkly vanillic. And that's exactly how JOOP! functions: the upper structure is undeniably a fougère, with a "super clean" accord of bitter citrus, faux lavender and lemon-- suggesting "oldschool" masculine scents. But then the basenotes slowly come into view, and they are darkly sweet, vanillic/balsamic with a fruity, cotton-candy tinge. The base couldn't be more different from the upper notes! Very interesting that "dance" it does on your skin.

Joop! Hommeis undoubtedly an evening fragrance that is best suited for autumn/winter. It’s ideal for both casual and more formal wear, so versatile for most occasions. Personally, I feel that the presentation does not really do this fragrance justice. The juice inside is far more mature and confident than the almost joke-like purple bottle with a smiling skull on the front. I have yet to find a woman that does not love this one on me. First sniff from the bottle may be traumatic, but once they smell it on my skin, they change their minds. This has many similar warm and cuddy Niche type winter warmers as i call them and i have qiute a few of the illigitimate brothers and sister made by other houses that fit intoo the same catagory. and i read some say it sweet. it has a sweetness for sure but its not sweet. not sugary sweet like some of the younger generation like so much. I wanted to love you Joop! Homme, but I don't think I'll be able to. Tested it, liked it, bought a bottle, regretted it.

Product details

The longevity of Joop! Homme, though arguably its only commendable trait, becomes more of a curse than a blessing as the relentless assault on the senses endures for an uncomfortably extended period. Joop Absolute is a snuggle-up-and-cuddle fragrance that becomes a lush and lovely sandalwoody sort of scent with solid pepper undertones.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment