276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Paperlike 2.1 (2 Pieces) for iPad Pro 11" (2020/21/22) & iPad Air 10.9" (2020/22) - Transparent Screen Protector for Notetaking and Drawing like on Paper

£8.5£17.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Artists all around the world love the Paperlike for the improved precision and tactile feel. We optimized the ideal amount of friction for long drawing sessions and the right stroke resistance for optimal accuracy. This was quite the conundrum because manufacturing the Paperlike 1 involved a reductive process. The flat surface was made rough by removing material from it. The material was removed by shooting microbeads at the surface, which removed material in such a way that it achieved the right surface roughness. However, this also meant that surface would be 100% affected by the microbeads. After months of designing, prototyping, and testing, we finally found the solution: an all-new development we call Nanodots ® Surface Technology. Essentially, Nanodots ® are microbeads sprinkled across the screen protector's foil. These microbeads don't disturb the light as nearly as much as the random uneven texture from the first Paperlike, thus you get a rougher screen with less refraction . However, there were problems. While happy with the product, many users of the original Paperlike wanted the screen to feel even rougher, providing a better paper feel. But they also wanted a lot less light refraction, an inevitable downside to the original.

Is Paperlike 2 really that good? : r/ipad - Reddit Is Paperlike 2 really that good? : r/ipad - Reddit

After you're done with all that making and doing, you might want to enjoy your iPad in a say "less productive way". Since the new Paperlike is made for superior display quality, nothing stands in the way of you and some relaxing hours of Netflix or Youtube. And you know what's best? The matte and glare-resistant finish of the Paperlike even allows you to enjoy your screen time sitting in the sun. (Please apply sunscreen where necessary, the Paperlike does not fix that.) except they don’t. Sure, the Paperlike feels marginally more paper-like than the iCarez. But it the rough texture diminishes very fast. After less than two weeks, my Apple Pencil was sliding around almost as much as without the screen protector at all. There were scratches on the protector that make the ipad look worn under any direct light. The screen is somewhat grainy due to the matte texture, but it’s not awful. It comes down to whether you prioritize screen clarity vs writing. Additionally, the bubbles from the installation never disappeared. There were two noticeable ones due to a spec of dust under the protector and it just looked bad. It’s just a terrible value. The Paperlike helps writers combine all the advantages of a digital device while keeping the nice tactile feel of paper.That’s why, in 2017, we created the original Paperlike, the first iPad screen protector that feels like paper, specifically designed for Apple Pencil users. And it was a huge success. This means writers are always ready to jot down their next big idea or just those endless meeting notes. The result is nothing short of incredible, but don’t take our word for it. Here’s what our customers are saying. Creators However, unlike sandpaper, the Nanodots ® won’t hurt your Apple Pencil! That’s why the most important part when developing the Paperlike 2 was to get the right size, material and distribution of the microbeads. We needed to create that paper-feel without affecting the integrity of the Apple Pencil. After all, what good is a screen protector that makes you replace the Apple Pencil tip constantly? I’ve been using the ELECOM screen protector for about a month now, and the matte finish hasn’t noticeably worn at all. When i run my pencil across the screen, it sounds just like I’m shading with a real pencil and paper. The screen clarity is noticeably superior to the Paperlike and the iCarez, and reading text isn’t difficult at all. There’s still a little bit of distortion, but you can’t completely avoid it if you want a matte screen protector.

Paperlike 2 with Nanodots: a Dream Come True for iPad The Paperlike 2 with Nanodots: a Dream Come True for iPad

Featuring the same great stroke resistance and friction you’ve come to know and love, the Paperlike 2.1 delivers improved picture clarity for Paperlikers everywhere! However, when I went to use my iPad the next afternoon, the bubbles were gone. I mean completely gone. Even around that spec of dust. Nothing. I don’t remember where that minuscule spec of dust is anymore because there’s absolutely no distortion around it. The screen protector must be semi-permeable or something. I’ve honestly never seen something like this before and I’m amazed that more screen protectors don’t have this feature.

Troubleshooting

I've heard from other reviewers that Paperlike is easily scratched, but after using it for around two weeks worth of drawing and note-taking on a daily basis, I haven't noticed any as yet. There are very subtle signs of fingerprints and smudges, but these are easily cleaned off using a dampened cloth. As such, many notetakers and digital creators alike have sadly missed the experience of pencil or pen on real paper. Well, so did we.

Paperlike Review | Creative Bloq Paperlike Review | Creative Bloq

Paperlike’s texture is neither too textured nor too subtle – taking into account an iPad’s multiple functions, i.e more than a drawing or note-taking tool, it is what you might term a ‘happy medium.’Likewise when opening up Notes to try out writing. Before, writing on an iPad was ok, but the Paperlike texture was almost like an upgrade. Writing suddenly became easier, less slidey, and more controlled.

Writers

The iPad is an amazing device for taking notes and for going paperless. But something's not quite right. The slippery feel of the plastic pencil tip on glass makes writing imprecise and tiring.

Paperlike 2.1 Sizing

There is actually a lot more resistance between the tip of the pencil and the display now. It really changes the way the iPad feels. Classic, papery feel. Adds the natural feel and resistance of paper to your iPad screen for a more intuitive writing and drawing experience. In addition to our standard anti-reflective and anti-glare coating, the newest revision of the Paperlike for iPad offers even better visibility when writing and drawing on your iPad. Hey I figured I’d write a review of the three paper-like screen protectors I got for my iPad Pro 11. I’ve seen questions asked on reddit about them, but not many posts comparing the different options. You love your iPad. What’s more, you adore your Apple Pencil. These two tools, in combination, turn the iPad from a mere luxury multimedia device into a veritable beast of a tool for business users and digital creators. But there’s always been a problem when using the Apple Pencil on the iPad. That problem is the feeling of plastic on glass. It's awkward, tiring and the result is usually sloppy.I always loved the idea of Paperlike. Being able to add this tiny layer to your iPad - that makes it so much easier to write and draw on the display - is incredible!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment