276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Single Bald Female

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia (FFA) is a type of Scarring Alopecia, where the hair follicle is destroyed and replaced with scar tissue. In Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia, hair falls out across the front of the scalp. Hair loss can also affect the eyebrows. Alopecia Areata is thought to be an autoimmune condition that causes hair to fall out, usually in usually in round or oval patches on the scalp or other places on the body that grow hair, such as the beard, eyebrows or eyelashes. Types of Alopecia Areata include Patchy Alopecia Areata, Alopecia Totalis, Alopecia Universalis, Alopecia Barbae, Diffuse Alopecia Areata and Alopecia Ophiasis. Alopecia Areata is thought to be an autoimmune condition, which often starts with isolated patches of hair loss, commonly in one or more coin-sized (usually round or oval) patches on the scalp and/or across the body including the beard, eyebrows, eyelashes or body hair, including pubic hair.

Trichotillomania is a psychological condition, where you cannot stop pulling out hair, which leads to hair loss. The most common places that people pull hair from are the scalp, eyebrows, and eyelashes. Alopecia Areata shows up as round or oval patches on the scalp or other places on the body that grow hair. This type of Alopecia Areata can sometimes develop into either Alopecia Totalis (hair loss across the entire scalp) or Alopecia Universalis (hair loss across the entire body), but in most cases it remains patchy and eventually regrowth occurs. For some people with Alopecia Areata the patchy hair loss continues over a long period of time, without ever developing into Alopecia Totalis or Alopecia Universalis: this is sometimes referred to as ‘Persistent Patchy Alopecia Areata’ or ‘Chronic Alopecia Areata’. Alopecia TotalisSingle Bald Female was published in April 2022, and seeing it in the window of Waterstones was one of the proudest moments of my life. Cancer may have taken away my chance of future motherhood, but I had created my own legacy. Don’t put off your dreams for a distant day that might never come Simply put, I think bald women are beautiful. Jada Pinkett-Smith at the Oscars? Stunning. Megan Fox and Natalie Portman with shaved heads? Gorgeous.

I was offered a book deal with HarperCollins in Germany shortly thereafter, but the UK deal took a little longer, with Brexit, a pandemic and a series of rejections thrown into the mix. But in late 2020, I signed with Pan Macmillan, and this year I finally get to share my story with the world. Single Bald Female is a story of love, friendship, resilience and survival, and I hope it falls into the hands of someone who truly adores it.’Witty and charming characters, twists and turns, and quietly devastating moments' Justin Myers, The Guyliner By the time active treatment ended, I wanted to meet someone, but was unsure what to write on my dating profile. I settled on the truth, listing myself as a ‘single, bald (possibly infertile) female’.

Around her, her friends’ lives continue to follow the script, with the big white weddings and the baby scans. With her own future so uncertain, the only thing Jess is sure of is that she’s being left behind. Hair loss is never like it is in the films. My friends didn’t offer to shave their hair off in solidarity, and to be honest I didn’t expect them to. Quite a few of them took me wig shopping though, and it was fun trying on different hair shapes and colours. Then, just three months after my book launch, after suffering from pain in my sternum, I found out the cancer had spread to my bones and was now incurable. A whole 10 years had passed since my primary diagnosis. I was distraught – I had only just met the love of my life – but I also found myself filled with gratitude. I had a whole decade of being cancer-free, and I stuffed it full with life. I wrote the book I’d wanted to write since I was that little girl scribbling in her diary every day.

Find us

The first symptom of Alopecia Areata is often sudden patchy hair loss. The patches of hair loss can grow larger. Sometimes, the patches grow larger and join up. In some people, hair can fall out so fast that all the scalp hair is lost without any patches appearing. Alopecia Areata does not cause permanent hair loss. The hair follicles are not destroyed, and hair does have the possibility to re-grow. Usually, in Patchy Alopecia Areata, hair will regrow over a period of months or years, but regrowth cannot be guaranteed. Many people with Alopecia Areata do experience full regrowth. However once the condition has developed to Alopecia Totalis or Alopecia Universalis, the chances of full regrowth become smaller. It is quite common for people with Alopecia Areata to experience hair loss on and off throughout their lives. Is there a cure for Alopecia Areata? When a blog I wrote about my dating experience went viral, I realised how little information there was about young women and cancer, and that I could use my voice to help others. I created characters, friendships and love stories to escape my world Class Notes Single Bald Female: A bold memoir on alumna’s journey with cancer Laura Price (Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies, 2005)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment