276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hide: The book you need after Squid Game

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Trigger/Content Warnings: murder, blood and gore, suicide, murder of children, loss of parents, loss of a sibling, homelessness, homophobia, sexism, racism, classism, animal death, high-demand religion/cult (mentioned) Rounded down from around 4.5 stars ⭐️ I absolutely love Nell Pattison’s works, I was so excited when I found out this book was coming out! The plot was intricate and revealed all the twisty-pretzel bits with perfect timing, and my feels took a direct hit when Annabelle's dog got stabbed and she fought for her life. So, watch out for that one, pet-lovers.

Hide-a-Saurus' can even inspire a variety of creative activities on the theme of dinosaurs. Why not make a dinosaur display? Each child can contribute something - such as a drawing, a craft activity, a short story or a poem - so that your classroom walls radiate dinosaur-themed creativity. It's taken me a long time to come to grips with how I feel about this book. I liked a couple things and I really disliked some things. Unfortunately, the bad override the good. Or, follow Stan's underwater adventure as he tries to use his talents to save the day in ' Starry-Eyed Stan'. The story promotes values like friendship and teamwork. There are some moments that I giggled in this book Gardner’s writing is so good and flows so well - little excerpt of Catherine (main damsel in Book 1 talking to Annabelle damsel from this book about Bobby and DD): Hide-a-Saurus' features a simple narrative, limited text and repeated refrains, which makes it ideal for younger children to follow and join in with. Plus, the lively pictures help to support the reading and comprehension of the story.however, despite my apprehension about its supernatural foes and societal woes, i was completely won over. the social commentary wasn't too heavy-handed and was well-integrated into the architecture of the story, and the beastie proved just as good as a human adversary at satisfying my bloodthirsty little readersoul. it helped that—precision be damned—i just pictured the red bull from The Last Unicorn. let us leave unexamined what it says about me that i use competitive murder books as escapist entertainment. suffice it to say, i ride the subway into the city every day, which gives me a front-row seat to the decline of civilization along with some simmering fantasies about thinning out the human herd.

I was also caught up in the wonderful characterization. Clark crafted her female protagonist with such authenticity and tenacity, that I was instantly drawn to her. I kept rooting for her as she stood her ground with her new partner and demanded respect.

Curriculum

Hide-a-Saurus: Dinosaurs Word Mat - Do you have a dinosaur fan on your hands? This brilliant word mat shows the names of various dinosaurs that feature in the story. Learn the names of the velociraptor, spinosaurus, pterodactyl and more. Manipulation and exploitation are major themes. All the characters are damaged in some way. Marion is abused and exploited by every character in the book. Josh’s simple nature is abused by Mortimer. Audrey suffers bitterness and loss. Simon watches everything. This is a dark and sinister story, punctuated by wonderful dialogue, acutely observed characterisation and some very funny scenes – usually involving the disfunctional Simon. The not knowing was sort of like when you first started watching Lost and you knew something was in the jungle, but you could never tell what it is. I liked that, but eventually as you discover the truth behind the park, it could have gone deeper into those elements. Overall this worked for me, and I had a good time reading it, despite its flaws. I'd definitely read another horror novel from this author in the future!

During her investigation (with the reluctant help of Dodge and Warren), she discovers a possible link with a serial killer that abducted and tortured a young girl several years before her family left Boston. Secondly, when we find out why they are really there...ugh, I just rolled my eyes and plowed through to the end to see if things would be redeemed, but unfortunately they really weren't. Without giving much away: I can absolutely say this was wild, jaw dropping, intense ride! My only concern is there are too many characters and some of them are truly annoying and easy to forget. I wish there were less competitors.

I was caught up in seeing how the two stories would intersect. On one hand, I wanted to know how the grieving detective, who’d just transferred to a new precinct would fit in and be mentally ‘in the game.’ On the other hand, I was curious about the twins Brodie and Amelia Morgan. One seemed evil enough to be a serial killer, but the other was the balancing force, and couldn’t seem to catch her brother doing anything ‘wrong.’ All of the different points of view kept me on my toes and offered me multiple ‘wrong turns.’

Unsworth's first novel, The Partnership, was published in 1966 when he was 36. "...in my earlier novels, especially the two written in the early ’70s, The Hide and Mooncranker’s Gift, there was a baroque quality in the style, a density. The mood was grim, but the language was more figurative and more high-spirited. There was more delight in it, more self-indulgence, too. Among my earliest influences as a writer were the American novelists of the deep south, especially Eudora Welty, and some of that elated, grotesque comedy stayed with me."I also enjoyed the social commentary, from homophobia, racism, classism, and sexism to generational animosity (boomers using and abusing younger generations for their own benefit and then blaming and deriding them for struggling).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment