276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Origins Dr.Weil Mega-Mushroom Soothing Treatment Lotion

£12.45£24.90Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In addition to these, “mushroom polysaccharides are very effective moisturising agents,” offers Dr. Borysiewicz, who notes that the tremella polysaccharide, in particular, has better moisture retention than 0.02 per cent hyaluronic acid according to this study. She also highlights that mushrooms are also potent in antioxidants which are key for protecting skin against environmental damage. Can mushrooms help with stressed out skin? ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:Reishi Mushroom, Fermented Chaga Mushroom, Adaptogenic Licorice Root &Plant-Derived Hyaluronic Acid. Adaptogens – commonly used in Ayurveda and TCM practices – have been a major talking point in the wellness realm with certain herbs and mushrooms (including cordyceps, chaga and reishi) said to have adaptogenic properties that allow the body to better deal with stress. Studies on adaptogens are promising. But while mushrooms themselves are rich in nutritional benefits (and any food that’s great for your health, is good for your skin), Dr. Borysiewicz is wary of topical skincare products that claim to have adaptogen qualities as there isn't sufficient evidence to support the claims. One of the biological activities of thecentellosides isto be able to stimulate GAGs(glycosaminoglycans - polysaccharides that are part of the liquidy stuff between our skin cells), and especially hyaluronic acid synthesis in our skin. This is probably one of the reasons why Centella Asiatica Extract has nice skin moisturizingproperties that was confirmed by a 25 people, four weeks study along with Centella's anti-inflammatory effects. Molly Best moisturiser ever had First cream I've ever used that's actually made my skin feel moisturised, it's like a drink for the skin... It soothes red, sore and tired skin like nothing else, highly recommend!

WHAT IT DOES:Helps renew & protect. Now with 10x more Reishi, it helps renew by soothing the appearance of visible irritation. It protects by supporting skin’s barrier, while Adaptogenic Licorice Root helps support skin’s defenses against external aggressors that can lead to early signs of ageing. Truffles Smells of potato peelings On there plus side, it smoothed my skin and people noticed and even said that it was glowing, but I won't be buying it again based on the smell. Its a very earthy scent which after some thought, reminded me of a bowl full of cold potato peelings. I much prefer the ginseng one which smells of orange cremes!HOW TO USE:After cleansing, pour the formula into the palm of your hand or a cotton pad and dab onto the skin.

Skincare formulas that incorporate mushrooms offer enhanced moisturising, soothing and brightening effects while softening the appearance of skin damage and ageing. Which mushrooms are found in skincare? Cordyceps – widely used in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Traditional Tibetan Medicine to ease signs of fatigue in the complexion.Similar to most ingredient trends, the mushroom movement isn’t completely a completely new phenomenon. “Mushrooms have long been used in Asia for their ability to improve health, maintain vitality, preserve a youthful appearance, and to counter the adverse health effects of chronic stress,” says Dr. Andrew Weil, a US-based medical doctor and practitioner of integrative medicine. His collaboration with Origins, which began in 2005, arguably brought mushroom skincare to the Western mainstream. According to him, studies on unique mushroom species show promising anti-inflammatory effects and the topical use of these mushrooms may help protect skin from skin damage caused by environmental aggressors. Centella Asiatica also often shows up in products that try to treat cellulite or striae. Of course, it cannot make a miracle but it might have some effect via regulating microcirculation and normalizing the metabolism in the cells of connective tissues.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment