276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Chris Evans Ultra-Soft Micro Fleece Blanket Soft And Warm Flannel Throw Blanket For Children/Adults Xmas Birthday Gift,50X40 Inch

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While it looks a little similar to a woolly jumper in the picture above, the texture felt to me a little more like the material of a t-shirt, which I think is largely a good thing. A lot of these blankets can feel quite sweaty to sleep under, especially the velvety ones and that was not my experience here. I was really impressed overall, though, as I said about Simba's offering, Sommio would have given me more cause to recommend this one had the price point been set just a little lower. The other thing to decide is what kind of material you prefer. A lot of weighed blankets use a synthetic micro-plush which is ultra-soft but personally I don’t love the feel of. Others use bamboo and cotton blends which aren’t as soft but they’re more traditional. You’ll know what feels best. Ultimately it’s fair to say that in terms of weight and getting that comfortable pressure, they’re all reliable for sending you off. Which is the best weighted blanket for adults? From my perspective, I was pretty satisfied with my weighted blanket trials. They certainly were comforting, and I did think they helped me get to sleep faster than usual. From my perspective, top marks - but obviously, it's a subjective thing. The cover for the blanket feels of lower quality than other examples, more like a particularly soft fleece than the velvety feel of the Mela or the more traditional cotton sheet cover of the Orbit. It’s certainly soft and comforting but I do wonder how it would fare in a wash.

My only real qualm is the price. Simba’s offering is significantly more expensive than other options and is only available in single sizes. I did enjoy sleeping under it but I don’t know that it helped me drift off any faster than the other options out there. There’s a lot to like about Mela’s weighted blanket before you even get into bed with it. For starters, the brand offers a 30-day trial and if you don’t like it after that you can return it for free; a portion of sales goes to charity; any unwanted blankets are donated to homeless charities; and each blanket comes with a little brochure explaining how the blanket works and what else you can do to get a better night’s sleep. A nice touch. The truth is that most weighted blankets are fairly similar, so finding the best one is more challenging than you might think. Here’s what I found on my search for the best weighted blanket, starting with my favourite… The vast majority of weighted blankets (including all those that I tested) use tiny glass beads which feel a little bit like grains of sand, maybe a little bigger than that. A couple use special weighted fabric, but arguably it doesn’t make much of a difference. The only one I specifically noticed the filler of was the Snuzi option. The other disappointment with Snuzi’s product is the distribution of the glass balls which give it weight. Unlike some of the pricier examples, these seem to be partially free to move around inside the blanket, which means that if you elect to dispense with the cover, it can feel like you’re covered in grains of sand. Not exactly relaxing for a comfortable night’s sleep.

My personal favourites were the Mela and the Simba Orbit, both were quite different but I found both comfortable and cosy to sleep with. The pricing is quite different though so consider your budget. What is the best filler for weighted blankets?

Having conquered the world of mattresses and providing me with the best pillow I’ve ever slept on, it was only a matter of time before Simba jumped on the last sleep health bandwagon and released its own weighted blanket. The most important thing to do is weigh yourself. When buying a weighted blanket, you should look for one around 10pc of your body weight. This is the sweet spot for maximum comfort. Too light and you won’t get that cosy feeling that helps soothe you and makes you fall asleep faster, too heavy and you’ll feel trapped and crushed, and you can injure yourself if you’re someone who rolls around in your sleep. Overall, I’d say this one is probably best for a cold winter’s night, though I would note that Snuzi also sell a summer variant which I wasn’t able to test. The Sommio Weighted Blanket is an interesting one because unlike a lot of the other blankets, this one isn't filled with glass beads or any extra dense filling. Instead it's weight comes from the fact that it's constructed from chunky hand knitted 100pc cotton which is heavy enough to act as a weight in and of itself. It also, to my mind anyway, looks a bit more premium in a dark grey rather than the lighter silver which seems to be the industry standard.The fabric strikes a good balance between that classic cotton feel and the velvet blankets with a premium micro-plush cover which feels very comfortable even if it is synthetic. Remy is one of the more established weighted blanket brands out there and as such, there’s a wealth of options available to you. You can buy the blanket in single or queen size and you can also get it in a ‘natural’ version which is made with cotton and bamboo, more akin to the Simba Orbit. As well as these variants, you can also buy summer and winter covers which mimic these textures. On top of that, there are dedicated children’s versions too.

And thus we have the Orbit. In the world of weighted blankets, it does stand out in its own way. For a start, it’s the only weighted blanket I tested which didn’t come with a fleecy/velvety cover. Instead, this one feels more like a traditional cotton sheet, which personally I preferred. It’s definitely a cooler fabric for warmer months, ensuring you can use the Orbit all year round. In fact, I might even just dispense with my duvet entirely with this one. But that’s all by the by, I suppose. When it comes to the in-bed experience, I was very satisfied. The blanket itself is filled with weighted glass pellets which are evenly distributed and fixed in place so the blanket’s weight is spread evenly. Glass pellets are the most popular form of weight in most weighted-blankets as they’re hypoallergenic and reasonably easy to manufacture. I should also note that this particular weighted blanket is a looker. In fact, I've happily used it as a throw on my sofa when it's not on the bed. The chunky knit of the cotton offers a great texture feels a bit more natural compared to some of the blankets filled with glass beads. Plus, because it's woven together it feels breathable, ideal for when the weather gets a bit warmer too. Like Mela, the Remy Sleep Weighted Blanket comes with a 100 night trial period, though the marketing is keen to remind you that you’ll probably be won over after one night. And frankly, I was.

Item details

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment