276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Atlas: The Story of Pa Salt: The epic conclusion to the Seven Sisters series (The Seven Sisters, 8)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Kodėl buvo didelė paslaptis nuo seserų, kad Advokatas, namų tvarkytoja ir Kristijanas susiją? Ar čia jau toks gyvenimo būdas, slepiam, gyvenam mele? Peršasi mintis, kad žmogus turėjo mental problemų. Tiesiog šių žmonių praeities gyvenimas ir jų paslaptys, neturėjo jokio tiesioginio ryšio su Atlantu. Tai kodėl buvo slepiama? O prie visa šito ir jau taip durnai skamba tas persekiojimas. Nes jo priešas staiga tampa irgi superduper milijonierius, tai common ..jei tave norėtų užversti, spec. Pro samdytųsi. O gal tu pagaliau apsaugą pasisamdyk. O gal permąstyk paskutinius dešimtmečius. Ar tikrai tave persekioja? Ar yra kokių tam rodiklių? Tiesiog gal jau atsipalaiduok? I’ve been trying to collect my thoughts on this one. For those that are not familiar, author Lucinda Riley sadly passed away in 2021 prior to completing this book which is the final installment of the Seven Sisters series. She had been approached many years before by a production company wanting the film rights to The Seven Sisters and they wanted to know how the story would end, so she had assembled her thoughts into a document and shared them with her son, Harry Whittaker, to complete the book in the event she was unable to. From the very beginning the story flowed beautifully between present day on the Titan and the retelling of Pa Salt’s life through use of his diary. This was so cleverly executed that not once was I confused as to what time period I was in or who the narrator was; covering such a vast time period and cast of characters this can’t have been easily achieved. For over a year now, I’ve waited and anticipated the day I could read Pa Salt’s story. The first time I read about the seven sisters, I sat in a hotel room in Cuba. I was waiting for my friend to get ready to go out, and had trouble tearing myself away from the book when she was ready to go. I was hooked, and my obsession grew as i continued to devour the series.

According to this article: https://www.mindfood.com/article/luci... Her son Harry Whittaker whom she had co-written other books with, will finish the 8th book, of Pa Salts story that Lucinda had started writing. She was apparently battling cancer, and knew there was a chance she could not finish the book herself, so she told Harry the secrets of the story and where she wanted it to go. It is set to be published spring of 2023. The seven sisters are gathered together for the first time, on board the Titan to say a final goodbye to the enigmatic father they loved so dearly. Pa Salt is a character who amassed a fortune but towards the end of his life, the sisters realise they hardly know much about him, so this book is the story of how he became the man he is and what motivated him to adopt the girls. Each one from a different part of the world and one Sister in particular held his heart for reasons that will become clear….The Missing Sister was a bit disappointment to me, as it raised more questions than it gave answers to. I was very looking forward to the closing part of this amazing series. I have to say I am not disappointed. It was well thought through and every loose end was cut. I was so caught up with the story that I couldn't even tell which parts were not written by Lucinda herself. Her son did an amazing job! Lucinda Riley tragically passed away today. She always looked so lively in her interviews, and I learned so much from her as a writer. Who knows if this book will ever be published. As he grows into a young man, falling in love and taking classes at the prestigious Conservatoire de Paris, he can almost forget the terrors of his past, or the promise he has vowed to keep. But across Europe an evil is rising, and no-one’s safety is certain. In his heart, he knows the time will come when he must flee once more. This story starts with Pa Salt as a child and follows his life story across the world. It reveals everything by way of a diary he left behind. Make no mistake, this book is long and slow paced, you get given tiny bits of information at a time.

Also glad I watched - and would recommend you watch - Harry's recap of the seven previous books to remind you of who was who and where and when! There is surprisingly not too much rehashing in this novel. Qué ganas tenía de leer esta novela ¡por Dios! Que conste que iba con algo de recelo por varios motivos:

Who is Pa Salt? 

This book spans roughly 80+ years and many continents, so as expected it is full of drama. I love the premise of this series and although it requires the reader to throw plausibility out the window, overall it is an entertaining series and this final installment concluded with all of my questions being answered. That being said, I struggled a bit with a few of the plot points, but even more so with the dialogue which was unrealistic and felt robotic especially in the current timeline particularly the conversations between the sisters, but I also had this issue with the dialogue in “The Missing Sister”. Ir jei Atlantas taip ieškojo Elės, kodėl nesugalvojo ieškoti jos brolio? Gal ji su juo susisiekus buvo? Čia suprasit ką turiu omeny. Oho, visai kaip rašytojas, įnešu intriga, kur nereikia. Me ha encantado la manera de ir conectando la vida de Pa Salt con las personas que acabarán siendo la familia de cada una de sus hijas adoptivas. Es un viaje vital muy largo pero interesantísimo que te atrapa de la primera páginas y que deja resueltas todas las incógnitas que a lo largo de los siete libros previos fueron surgiendo. Quién era Pa Salt, de dónde procedía él y su gran fortuna, cómo llegaron a trabajar para él todo ese elenco de personajes secundarios que tan fieles e importantes fueron para él y sus hijas, quién es ese enemigo que aparece desde la primera novela (Kreeg Eszu) y qué podía tener en contra de Pa Salt. En fin... que todo, absolutamente todo tiene respuesta en este libro. There are no questions left answered. Most of the theories we all had were correct, but Pa's original story was a complete surprise and worked well.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment