276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Corsair CP-9020178-UK RM650x 80 PLUS Gold 650 W Fully Modular ATX Power Supply - Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Primary side: Half-Bridge & LLC converter Secondary side: Synchronous Rectification & DC-DC converters Wait, saw this review earlier but I realized that it has Su'scon caps. Su'scon is the "avoid" tier in your own capacitor tier list. Red flag? Makes me think that this series is even more useless than I previously thought especially that the RM650X can be bought for so cheap these days. The ATX specification states that 5VSB standby supply efficiency should be as high as possible, recommending 50 percent or higher with 100mA of load, 60 percent or higher with 250mA of load, and 70 percent or higher with 1A or more of load. Primary side: Half-Bridge & LLC Resonant Converter Secondary side: Synchronous Rectification & DC-DC converters

Aris_Mp said:Thank you Jon for the explanation on why the price had to drop so little compared to the RMx.

Aftermarket 980Ti>= Fury X>= Reference 980Ti> Fury> 980> 390X> 390>= 970 > 380X > 380>= 960> 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360 Yeah, I believe you are confusing the RMx and RMi with the older, mostly discontinued RM line. And of the old RM line only the 750w and 850w versions that were first made by Chicony Power Technology had the bad reputation. Anyone bashing the RMx and RMi doesn't know what they are talking about. Once misinformation gets out there it's hard to get it corrected though.

Electrolytics: 7x Elite (2-5,000h @ 105°C, EK), 1x Elite (4-10,000h @ 105°C, EY), 1x Elite (2,000h @ 105°C, PF), 2x Su'scon (2-5,000h @ 105°C, MF), 3x Su'scon (4-10,000h @ 105°C, HG) Polymers: Suncon, Elite, NICI'm glad the new RM series is much higher quality. All I remember Corsair having is a bunch of bad PSUs with select few good PSU (like AX and HX). PSU calculator recommends 590w (I overcompensated for everything, including some crazy OC's), so not fussed about extra 100w (unless I should be?).

refillable said:Wait, saw this review earlier but I realized that it has Su'scon caps. Su'scon is the "avoid" tier in your own capacitor tier list. Red flag? Makes me think that this series is even more useless than I previously thought especially that the RM650X can be bought for so cheap these days. OVP (Over Voltage) | UVP (Under Voltage) | SCP (Short Circuit) | OTP (Over Temp) | OPP (Over Power) The 5VSB rail is highly efficient, losing only to FSP's HG650 and its advanced 5VSB circuit. Power Consumption In Idle And Standby Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU: Asus R9 280 3GB RAM: HyperX Beast 2x4GB PSU: SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo: GA-H97m-HD3 Case: CM Silencio 650 Storage: 1 TB WD Red The Cybenetics organization measures efficiency and noise levels across the PSU’s entire operational range, using more than 1,450 different load combinations.Thank you Jon for the explanation on why the price had to drop so little compared to the RMx. Every time there is an ATX change, the production cost goes higher :( Not sure what you mean. EVGA has a couple of 80 Plus Titanium models but Seasonic has Titanium models in their new lineup. I'm not sure if those new Seasonic models are available yet though. Other than that I've had an 80 Plus Platinum Seasonic ( 660XP2 ) for a couple of years and their Platinum line has been out since at least 2011. Unfortunately, we didn't test the EVGA 650 G2 with 115VAC input, so we can only compare the RM650x to EVGA's 650 P2. As you can see, the performance difference is notable. Then again, the 650 P2 is a Platinum-rated PSU while the RM650x only satisfies the 80 PLUS Gold standard. We should also note that with 230V input, for which we have test data for the 650 G2, the RM650x clearly leads with a 3.54% difference (EVGA 650 G2: 96.46%, Corsair RM650x: 100%).

Fun fact: Removing the caps from the cables saved A LOT of money. As you can see, it didn't have much impact. The caps in the cables in other models are only there to appease reviewers (like Aris) that compare ripple from one model to the next within mV of each other. The RM650x easily meets the ErP Lot 6 2013 directive's requirements. Fan RPM, Delta Temperature And Output Noise The new Intel specification requires better efficiency at 2%-10% load and new timings (T1 and T3 to support modern standby mode). This was not easy/cheap to achieve, so Corsair couldn't just replace the current RMx in the market with a new, more expensive version without tangible differences. So the capacitors and fan was "down graded" (though Hong Hua is a fantastic fan manufacturer) to allow this "new version" of the RM to meet an acceptable price point. Completely modular cables means you only connect the cables your system needs, and the wide range of included cables adds broad compatibility with modern graphics cards and motherboards.Only info I found online was quite a few people saying to "avoid the RM750 as it's a "Tier 3" psu... Whatever that means... They are both Gold rated?? DC-DC Converters: 2x UBIQ QM3054M6 (30V, 61A @ 100°C, 4.8mOhm) & 2x UBIQ QN3107M6N (30V, 70A @ 100°C, 2.6mOhm) PWM Controllers: uPI SEMI uP3861P

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment