276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ambrosia Creamy Macaroni, 400 g Can (Pack of 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I really liked this and at the same time I did not like it! Growing up had something similar with elbow macaroni and expected this to be the same. The macaroni was tiny, mushy rings like spaghettios but a lot smaller. Mostly liquid. After having a little and liking the taste I cooked some elbow macaroni and added quite a lot to the can. Made enough for a few desserts! And I have bought again. This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.

Ambrosia is a brand of food products in the United Kingdom. Its original product was a dried milk powder for infants, but it is now mostly known for its custard and rice pudding. The brand plays on the fact that it is made in Devon, England, (at a factory in Lifton), with their original punning strapline "Devon knows how they make it so creamy". [1] History [ edit ] Find sources: "Ambrosia"food brand– news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR ( July 2019) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message) In 1957, following increasing demand, the creamery opened a new factory near to the original production facility. In 1999, Ambrosia launched Ambrosia Splat! Custard, aimed at young children. As part of their marketing, they sponsored a popular Saturday-morning kids' TV show SMTV Live (coincidentally its presenters Ant and Dec were the narrators of the adverts), and, in 2002, Panto.ie's annual pantomime in Dublin. [3]

Careline: UK - 0800 3282121, ROI - 1850 202929 Mon to Fri 9.30am to 5.00pm (your call may be recorded).

Ambrosia macaroni is a lovely creamy dessert, I used to enjoy this very much as a child. It is undoubtedly the most delicous way to enjoy macaroni in my opinion. Just prior to the Second World War, the Ambrosia creamery was the first company to start making creamed rice pudding ready in a tin. Following the outbreak of war, the vast majority of production was placed in Red Cross food parcels. After the end of hostilities, Ambrosia relaunched the product, along with a creamed macaroni pudding.The product soon came to the attention of the British armed forces, who took significant quantities for its soldiers, still fighting in the First World War. The Ambrosia Creamery was founded in 1917 by Alfred Morris, in his home village Lifton in Devon, to make rich food for infants. He took milk from local farms, where most of the cows were the Red Ruby breed, and dried it with roller dryers. In 1990 the entire company was acquired by Colman's Ltd., a famous brand of mustard. This, in turn, was bought out by Unilever in 2001. Unilever sold the brand on in 2004, to Premier Foods, where it is still a core brand, alongside others such as Bisto, Oxo and Sharwood's.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment