276°
Posted 20 hours ago

FiiO Q5S Bluetooth Decoder Amplifier,Mobile Phone Computer Portable Headphone Amplifier HIFI Balanced All-in-one DSD Hard Solution (Type-C Version) (titanium)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We didn’t have the chance to get this one for review, but I can give you an excerpt of the previous K5 review, by Lieven: The new Fiio Q5S fully met their expectations. It handles “heavy” audio formats like PCM and DSD Native for an incredible listening experience. Furthermore, it processes audio up to frequencies of 768 Khz and a bitrate of 32. All the cables you may need, including short angled cables to strap the XD-05 Plus to your phone, a 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter, a silicone separator, and rubber feet are all included in the XD-05 Plus.

FiiO Q5s TC (Type-C) - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and

There are two sets of rubber bands, so you can strap Q5S to any smartphone, regardless of the size. This is a good thing, and I forgot to mention this in my Earmen TR-AMP video review, but one strap may not be enough, and two are usually better for DAC/AMPs. The FiiO Q3 is the third iteration of the mighty Q1, the entry-level portable DAC/AMP from the brand. Think of it as a battery-powered K3, as both devices share lots of quirks and features. The next important thing is the fact that you can swap the OPAMPs to change the sound quality and the signature. That’s why there are separate screws in the box. They are tiny, so if you’re not into DIY in the electronic world, you might not have proper stuff and lose some of them.

Design

Finally, on the left side, you can find three buttons. The first one is a simple input. The second one, SRC, works only for digital input, and it is there for resampling, 48, 96, and the 192KHz. The third one stands there for filters. PCM1 is “Sharp Roll-off,” PCM2 is “Slow Roll-off,” PCM3 is “Short Delay Sharp,” and PCM4 works as “Short Delay Slow.” The Fiio Q5S is an improved version of the Fiio Q5. The Q5S is clearly ahead, thanks to its more advanced Bluetooth and DAC chips (CSR8675 and AK4493, respectively). The gadget is portable, and despite the bright OLED display, it’s capable of 9 hours of battery life under continuous play. Pros You will probably have to use EQ though, to lower the treble if you want to listen little bit louder. On paper, it’s an excellent device, with three digital inputs + line in/out and full 768kHz – 32bit support, plus DSD. But we didn’t have the chance to try it yet, so maybe next time! Pretty please?

FiiO Technology and Support - FiiO

The Bifrost 2 is the only DAC in this guide without an integrated headphone amp, but don’t worry, Schiit makes those too. I paired the original Bifrost with the company’s Valhalla 2, and my music sounded fantastic. Audiophiles use the word “warmth” to describe audio gear with tubes in it, but my description is that it makes music sound more pleasant to the ear. Battery life is another excellent part. The producer promises 40 hours of work as an amplifier and 13 hours as a DAC/AMP. In mixed mode, I achieved about 20 hours on mid gain. The only thing I’m missing is the auto-ff function. You have to remember to switch off the device. The sound signature is fast , not warm , balanced , very dynamic ; it is leaning towards analitical and towards detail retrieval , rather then natural or organic ; but not lean or thin : politely rich instead and with an extended bass , 100% eq proof , of deep and dry quality that it is easy to appreciate , and that will not save the impact when notched up wtih eq as needed . iFi has kept the sound across its devices very consistent, but the Hip-DAC offers more balance, more details, and dynamism. And it has a dedicated X-bass button to handle the low-end frequencies for deep sound lovers.

The FiiO Series

xDuoo XD-05 Plus + FiiO FA9 (250 USD + 500 USD) – The pairing with FA9 is actually superb, if you don’t mind the slight hiss that’s always audible. Unless you like to listen extremely quiet, you won’t hear it, but you will hear the nice dynamics and punchy sound, colorful and warm midrange, and the excellent detail XD-05 Plus can pump into FA9. There are many ways to improve the experience of enjoying digital music, but one of the best (and easiest) is to listen through a dedicated DAC (Digital Analog Converter). This component is required to turn any digital audio file into sounds you can hear. Your computer, phone, tablet, CD player, Bluetooth headphones, powered speakers, and TV all have a DAC built into them, but there are a couple of reasons it’s worth getting standalone hardware for serious music listening.

FiiO Q5S High Resolution DAC and Headphone Amplifier FiiO Q5S High Resolution DAC and Headphone Amplifier

xDuoo XD-05 Plus vs Earmen TR-AMp (250 USD vs 250 USD) – Earmen TR-AMP is actually the one people most often want to compare to XD-05 Plus, and I honestly think that you could get either and be happy, but with the recent scandal about TR-AMP and Earmen products in general having a huge failure rate, I actually really recommend XD-05 Plus much more. In fact, XTENIK will be there for you and support you, while Earmen is flaky when it comes to honoring warranty, and at this moment I recommend high caution when purchasing their products.other is for bass boost ; I did not use it very much as for my usage I preferred EQ/HibyMusic MSEB only , anyhow and for the record : the bass boost seems to boost a wide region of bass>sub-bass frq.es ; The potentiometer launches the device and works linearly in the fundamental frequency without a problem.

FiiO Q5S Review - Amp-up your smartphone - Soundnews FiiO Q5S Review - Amp-up your smartphone - Soundnews

You’re spoiled for choice where products of this type are concerned – but the Fiio Q5 makes a decent effort to stand apart from the herd. The improved performance results from the combined efforts of the ESS ES9038Q2M DAC chip, a PIC32MX274 microcontroller, and a 64-bit digital volume controller. Instrument separation is great in both unit , the Fiio Q5s-TC paints the separation more decisely and easily to spot while listening , the Chord Mojo draws an organic picture in which you first turn your sight to that instrument then (instantly) can separate the different subject/s . The sound is neutral but warm, with an above-average soundstage. The notes are within the sweet spots, not lean nor fat, but presented with a fuller body. The superb EQ/ATE pre-settings fit any situation, but you can use the two gain settings to have a change. Headphones – Philips Fidelio X2HR, Audeze LCD-3, Bqeyz Spring 2, Craft Ears Four, Hifiman HE400i 2020, AKG K702, Campfire Audio Vega, Audeze LCD-3Chord Mojo plays a quite more analogue quality of bass , it is more wet and textured too but doesnt feel deeper so. Chord Mojo bass isn't overwhelming at all , it is warm and gripping but a touch more soft in parts where it's harder on the Q5s-TC ; and so less hard-hitting on the Mojo and quite a bit more on the Fiio Q5s-TC , at times. The balanced out sounds better then the unbalanced out : it is tighter , more defined , both tonally and dynamically better , as expected . It is easy to hear. It is time to look into the most versatile of the midrange portable DAC/AMPs, namely the xDuoo XD-05 Plus. This one sports almost an entire WATT of power, and it will be compared to iFi xDSD, FiiO Q5s, Earmen TR-AMP, and paired with HIFIMAN Deva, FiiO FA9, and iBasso SR-2. Let’s go with the insanity of this one amazing DAC/AMP! Change of the Bluetooth chip from CSR8675 to QCC5124 which supports the new aptX adaptive. Besides, EQ adjustment is available under all Bluetooth codecs, esp. LDAC.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment