276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sika Fast Fix All Weather | Ready to Use, Self-Setting Paving Jointing Compound for Any Weather, Suitable for Stones Setts, Paving Block and Footpaths - Deep Grey - 14kg - 20 sq.m

£1.12£2.24Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Hi Andrew, I’m glad the Sika fast fix paving compound has worked well for you – Although it’s unfortunate that the grout I more brown than grey – I’ve never had this happen to me before! A fast-drying product that can be applied even on drizzly days, this Geo-Fix All Weather Paving Joint Compound is one of the best patio grouts if you want a slate grey finish. You may need to keep the paving very wet as you apply the product, or simply apply it straight from the packet. Four weeks later and there are now more areas where its either parts or completely missing or strips of joint sticking up as its loose.

Grout is applied between paving slabs or tiles, keeping them in place, protecting from water damage and preventing weeds. What I am suggesting is only something that I would try so I can’t guarantee that it’ll work – Let me know if and how you get on! Mostly because my father who is also a landscape gardener has told me to stay away from these products as they use a resin instead of cement which according to him, isn’t as strong.While epoxy grout and sand and cement mixes are available, I’ve chosen to only recommend pre-mixed patio grout . In some places he just laid it over the cement and sand, but even where I know it was deep, it has still gone sandy, and every time I brush the terrace it comes away. It’s one of the best patio grouts on the market if you want something low maintenance that sets fast.

I’m so pleased with the results, especially as I changed what was a professional job for my own DIY job using Sika. It of course depends on the size and depths of the gaps between the paving slabs, but for approximately 50 squared meters we got through 6 tubs. Despite the description saying that it is ‘all weather’, I definitely wouldn’t recommend using it in the rain.

These grout mixes will start setting as soon as the packet is opened; therefore, it helps to look for grout that comes separated into different packets .

They are saying with Sika Fast Fix, this will fill the gaps between the slabs, this will stop the slabs from moving. And of course, he absolutely loves his garden and spends many happy hours outside each week growing, mowing, and having fun with his three kids. Hello, we had our garden patio laid last year – gardeners used sika but I felt it never properly dried out. Although the sandy affect could be the jointing compound still left on the patio, even if it looks like none is there.There are five colours to choose from, so it’s easy to pair the grout with your existing paving slabs. Clive Harris is the creator of DIY Garden and a professional landscape gardening consultant with over 6 years experience. The resin and hardener will need to be mixed together in the correct ratio so that the grout will set properly. As the grouting compound uses a resin I believe that yes you can simply sweep some more grouting on top of your paving to top it up. There have been a few people that have suffered with this grey film but I’ve not received any updates as to whether or not it came off in the end!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment