276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Kissed Shara Wheeler

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A seemingly simple yet perplexing chain of events brings together a bunch of misfits that form the best kind of friendship. two girls who could use a reminder that just because we carry so much so well, doesn’t mean it’s not heavy. The high school story I didn't know I needed, I Kissed Shara Wheeler is the unapologetic queer coming of age story we've been waiting for – elevating the complexity of youth and what it means to find yourself in unexpected places. Shara Wheeler is perfect: she’s popular, academic, and the principal of Willowgrove Christian Academy’s daughter. She perfectly encapsulated not only the fears, insecurities, and troubles of teenagers but also the discrimination and suppression of the LGBTQIA community, particularly in a place where young people are already under pressure to be perfect and acceptable in the eyes of others.

McQuiston has done it again… A YA novel with a swoon-worthy romance readers have come to expect from their first two triumphant works. This is a brilliant book that looks at the lives of teenagers and the perfect world some feel they have to fit into because of family, beliefs and life. Shara Wheeler is doing what she does: a doe-eyed performance of blank innocence that makes everyone think she must be so deep and complex and enchanting when really, she’s the most boring bore in this entire unbearably boring town.From the bestselling author of Red, White and Royal Blue and One Last Stop comes a debut YA romantic comedy - perfect for fans of Heartstopper! The walls are a simple biege, with framed photos of her family and her boyfriend and her flock of identical pointy-elbowed, flowy-haired friends with perfect Glossier faces. A month before graduating from Willowgrove Christian Academy, the principal's perfect daughter, prom queen Shara Wheeler, kisses Chloe Green and vanishes.

my only issue that kept it from being a 5 star read was the last 100 pages dragged a little for me compared to the first 200. Old fans will be sure to love this story whilst new fans will soon be obsessing over their new favourite author. From the bestselling author of Red, White and Royal Blue and One Last Stop comes a debut YA romantic comedy - perfect for fans of Heartstopper ! I'm also so happy that there are more and more books like this with MC's that are queer and not just the side characters.

Born and raised in southern Louisiana, Casey now lives in New York City with Pepper, a poodle mix and semipro personal assistant. Thrown into an unlikely alliance, Chloe, Smith and Rory follow Shara's trail of annoyingly cryptic clues, and Chloe starts to suspect that there might be more to this small town - and to Shara - than she thought.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment