276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dragons at Crumbling Castle: And Other Stories

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This collection also gives Terry Pratchett fans a fascinating glimpse at some of the author’s earliest known works of fiction. Although none of these stories take place in Discworld, I can recognize the beginnings of the razor-sharp humor and airtight plotting that would later take shape in the form of the much-beloved series about the flat planet with the funny people who are oddly a lot like you and me, even though some of them wear pointy hats and do magic. Cuando pases la página, leerás los cuentos que escribí siendo muy joven, en su mayoría tal y como se publicaron por primera vez, aunque mi yo adulto haya trasteado un pelín con algunos detalles: un retoque aquí, un pellizco allá y alguna nota al pie de página cuando era necesaria, porque mi yo joven no era tan espabilado como él creía. Awonderful collection of short stories by master storyteller Sir Terry Pratchett, featuring dragons, dinosaurs, cavemen and car races! A Blink of the Screen и A Slip of the Keyboard – там го разбрах въпросното смешно, че и другите неща, които никак не бяха забавни. И все пак. Изпитвам твърде голямо уважение към Тери Пратчет, за да го чета ей така, не напълно подготвена. Но и това ще стане. Обещавам (си). Hunt the Snorry: Basically, an extended joke with a pretty funny punchline, making fun of Great Hunts and glorious quests.

Dragons at Crumbling Castle: And Other Tales: Pratchett Dragons at Crumbling Castle: And Other Tales: Pratchett

Pero ese chico inocente de la motocicleta y mi yo adulto, el del sombrero negro y la barba, somos la misma persona. Y lo único que los dos hemos querido siempre es escribir para gente que sea lo bastante mayor para comprender. Y para imaginar...»

Customer reviews

Tales of the Carpet People: Pratchett fans who've read his recently re-published first novel "The Carpet People" will be familiar with the characters here. I actually think the conceit works better in a shorter format. Even at that young age, Terry Pratchett was a talented writer. This isn't descriptive prose to win awards. It's just fun stories that line up one joke right after another.

Dragons at Crumbling Castle - Penguin Random House

CD 2: Tales of the Carpet People (concluded) , Hercules the Tortoise, Dok the Caveman, The Big Race This was a fun little collection of early Pratchett stories for kids all ages. They were told as if they were children's tales, but there is always an undercurrent of humor that's a treat to adults. Kinda like his later work in that respect. Ocr ABBYY FineReader 11.0 (Extended OCR) Ocr_converted abbyy-to-hocr 1.1.11 Ocr_module_version 0.0.14 Old_pallet IA18204 Openlibrary_edition We have the name-giving dragons at Crumbling Castle, the Carpet People that later got their very own novel, Father Christmas, "normal" people trying to prove that a steam-engined car would be a good/bad idea, a heroic tortoise, a Snowman, knights, time travel and much more. Born Terence David John Pratchett, Sir Terry Pratchett sold his first story when he was thirteen, which earned him enough money to buy a second-hand typewriter. His first novel, a humorous fantasy entitled The Carpet People, appeared in 1971 from the publisher Colin Smythe.

Become a Member

These accessible and mischievous tales are an ideal introduction for young readers to this beloved author. Established fans of Pratchett’s work will savor the playful presentation of the themes and ideas that inform his popular novels. Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2020-08-11 14:22:25 Boxid IA1886822 Camera USB PTP Class Camera Collection_set printdisabled External-identifier Instead I’ve been very selective about the material I read of his. I read Nation and was really rather impressed with its balance of humour and postcolonial themes. This year I read The Long Earth and I was swept away with the sheer scope of its ideas, again, made great by the undercurrent of ridiculous humour. So there’s no denying the talent of the writer. Perhaps I was too young to appreciate his humour in the Discworld series or perhaps I just didn’t understand it at the time. In 2008, Harper Children's published Terry's standalone non-Discworld YA novel, Nation. Terry published Snuff in October 2011. The Egg-Dancing Championship: A small-town folktale of rivalries surrounding two neighboring villages' (rather silly) traditonal contest.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment