276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Barry the Fish with Fingers: A laugh-out-loud picture book from the creators of Supertato!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Barry is the new fish in town showing the others what he can do with his fingers such as knit, paint and cutting. Show the children how to burst the bubbles by clapping them between their hands and let them play ‘bubble tag’. Sue Hendra's hilarious text and bright, bold, colorful art will have youngsters begging to read this story again and again. I think this is a really nice story for children to read, especially if a class are struggling to accept maybe a new child in the school that might stand out as being ‘different’.

The solution of working together shows the benefits of team work and how two separate talents can be combined to form something even greater. Very lighthearted and tongue in cheek, and a lot of fun to read (the ending can be a little jarring for adults if you think about it too closely, but kids will just think it’s funny). tienen colores muy llamativos y se pueden trabajar muchos contenidos a través de sus dibujos (la vida en el mar, las características de los peces, las figuras planas, los colores, la amistad, los celos, la envidia, el sentido del tacto. The new fish welcomes the attention he is getting, and doesn't think about how it may have affected others around him.Hopefully kids who read this book will choose not to eat Barry, and instead choose a plant-based snack! Ya os dije que este curso tengo que enseñar a leer a mis alumnos antes de compartir nuevas historias con ellos, pero eso no quiere decir que no veamos bonitos cuentos en clase. Noah seemed to enjoy the sound effects I added into the text, but he wasn’t over-awed by the story or images and neither was I. It's always nice to see fish--animals not always thought of much at all--depicted as heroes with personalities.

A great idea to teach counting and observation and my little nephew loved it when I tried to tickle him with Barry. Big bubbles, small bubbles, square bubbles -they’ve never seen anything quite so amazing, that is until Barry arrives on the scene. Who is saved by Barry, a new friendship is formed as they create an orchestra which everyone can join in.This crazy deep-sea caper is sure to be a hit with all of your KS1 children during your under the sea topic!

The story fell flat and missed out on an opportunity to address how one can hurt the feelings of another. Slice the bottom off a 500 ml plastic water bottle, dip into bubble mixture and squeeze the plastic sides to make a bubble. Watch how the second bubble forms inside the first and then pops out to form the start of the honeycomb. It highlights the fact that people may be very different to one another in appearance, yet deep down they all have emotions.Veg*n parents note: I'm also glad this book didn't resort to any jokes about eating "fish fingers," although Barry's odd appendages, it could be argued, are meant to resemble them.

It is only when the other fish (who used to be the most popular) is in danger, that things are put into perspective. Watch how the bubble mix in the circular wand turns three dimensional as you blow, and look out for the moment when the soapy film seals to make a bubble and floats away from the wand. Look at the bubbles that Puffy blows in Barry the Fish with Fingers and show the children how to blow their own soap bubbles. Most adults will have guessed it and most little kids won't make the connection but I still found it wonderfully subversive.

They went on to create many bestselling books together, working in a small room in their house in Brighton. Definitely planning on reading more books about Barry when I can get my fingers on them: such a simple idea, but highly effective. Mix bubble mixture with powder paint, pour into a shallow dish and blow with a straw to make a mountain of bubbles.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment