276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Awareness

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When you’re open to learning new things, stop identifying with your ego, and focus on being content with what you have you’re a long way into becoming aware and at ease with yourself and the world around you. And once we have the "awareness" he asks, "Can you imagine the relief when you don't have to impress anybody anymore?

Responding on the other hand, is being able to take a step back and think about a response to something you don’t agree with, don’t like, etc. They are missing the smorgasbord because they are obsessed with success and failure, poverty and riches, honor or disgrace.As you identify less and less with the ‘I,’ you will be more at ease with everybody and with everything. Awareness, Anthony de Mello's most popular book, is a beautiful bridge between Western and Eastern spiritual thought. However, my problem with this book is that the author’s philosophy and beliefs relies on the post modernist view that truth does not exist. De Mello, espousing no religious agenda, contends we've been brainwashed as to our typical ideas of love and happiness. The moment you make a goal out of it and attempt to get it, you’re seeking ego glorification, ego promotion.

Final comments: This book is good for anyone that is looking for meaning in life, trying to improve their mental wellbeing (i. To access your ebook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.De Mello's illustrative material includes insights from Christian mystics, Islamic sayings, Buddhist parables, and much more. When you are unaware of your anger, it can control you and your life by making you reactive to things (react = negative). If there was anyone who could be considered the perfect spiritual teacher, Anthony DeMello would be it. Ebooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment