276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Electro-Harmonix Soul Food Distortion/Fuzz/Overdrive Pedal

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There is no any mistake that it is an overdrive in the classic Klon Centaur. While the EHX Soul Food is not a one-to-one copy of the Klon Centaur, it performs a commendable job of creating similar overdrive and even clean boost tones yet with its flavour.

Finally, try using the Soul Food as a booster. Use your amp or another pedal as your main overdrive/distortion and play around with the Soul Food as a way to boost your tone during a solo or section you want a bit extra grit. Many guitarists use the Soul Food this way so it’s worth experimenting with. As you can expect with anything from PRS, the build quality is top-notch. The pedal is true bypass and can be powered via a 9v power supply or a 9v battery. Ultimately, the Klon itself created the market: it’s unique, amazing at what it does, was impossible to find when it was in production, and utterly unobtainium to the mass market. We’re seeing this repeated with two other legendary pedals: Paul Cochrane’s Timmy and the Analogman King of Tone (KoT for short) – but not at the same scale. A more interesting comparison would be the Soul Food vs Timmy or Soul Food vs OCD. The Timmy and the OCD are both excellent overdrive pedals with a lot of support by guitarists. Rather than compare a clone to the pedal it’s trying to copy, you’re better off comparing different overdrive pedals to figure out which one suits your tastes as a guitarist. At this early stage (I’ve only had the pedal 3 days at the time of writing), I’m just not sure when the Soul Food is the right option for me. RecommendationsNow gradually raise the DRIVE knob and get a feel for the level of grit it adds to your tone. Find the sweet spots where you enjoy the tone and what type of playing it suits. This is a very dynamic pedal so the position of the DRIVE knob should really reflect what you are doing. Once you find a DRIVE position you enjoy, adjust the TREBLE knob to find the position you enjoy the most. its the strange brilliance of this pedal that permits the perception of Jimi and SRV like nuances with a range of instruments from cheap to vintage. and at a ridiculous price, too. my hearing is pretty sensitive so i wondered....the manual states the internal switch is usually set to 'bipass' at the factory...i opened the unit and it was set to 'buffer'. once again subjective. i prefer bipass.

Some consider it to be an amp in a box and I’d agree – you don’t need to worry about your overdrive tone with this sort of pedal. Just grab a nice clean amp and you’re good to go. If you decide to get the Soul Food (and there are not many reasons not to buy one), here’s what I recommend to get the most out of it: The Klon KTR does cut bass a bit when it’s used as a clean boost. Most klones get this bit wrong, and end up cutting too much bass when the drive control is down low. Ever dreamt of playing through a glitsy, transparent overdrive pedal such as the Klon Centaur but have always struggled to justify the rather out-of-reach price tag? If so, look no further, Electro-Harmonix now bring you the Soul Food overdrive pedal, developed to provide you with spacious soundscapes and extreme clarity and definition.

Customer Added Media

It should be clear after listening to the pedal switched on and off what is really meant by ‘transparent’. The tone isn’t dramatically changed. What you notice is an overall enhancement to the tone. Harmonics, overtones and sustain all add to your tone and give it a richer feel. You can hear that it’s quite a bright sound compared to other overdrive pedals that roll off the high frequencies. So, plugged in, powered up, struuuum...THE nicest cleans I've ever heard. Rich and full of harmonic content that's absent plugged straight into the amp. A truly authentic pedal that mirrors the ability of the Klon Centaur is now available to you at a fraction of the price, so don't delay, cook up a storm with the Elecrtro Harmonix Soul Food! Key Features:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment