276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Demigods and Magicians: Three Stories from the World of Percy Jackson and the Kane Chronicles

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I wondered what that would be like – being a normal kid, hanging out with my friends on a summer afternoon. Or maybe he was just a delusional mortal who’d accidentally found a magic sword and thought he was a superhero.

As descendants of the House of Life, the Kanes have some powers at their command, but the devious gods haven’t given them much time to master their skills at Brooklyn House, which has become a training ground for young magicians. Contains the short stories The Son of Sobek, The Staff of Serapis and The Crown of Ptolemy, together in one volume for the first time. And the last thing I saw was his bare feet achieving escape velocity as he flew backwards and disappeared from sight. I remembered El Paso, the winter before last, when my sister and I had been attacked by the crocodile god Sobek. Disney had earlier acquired Fox in 2019, allowing it to gain the rights to adapt the Percy Jackson novels.I registered glowing yellow eyes as big as my head, the glint of gold jewellery round a massive neck. We celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander stories, traditions and living cultures; and we pay our respects to Elders past and present. Riordan's first full-length novel was Big Red Tequila, which became the first book in the Tres Navarre series. Inside, they find Serapis, a once powerful god who drew his might from both Egyptian and Greek magic. Round his neck hung a leather strap with some colourful clay beads, like a kid’s arts-and-crafts project.

As soon as I stepped out of the boat, Freak screeched and zoomed into the sky, the boat trailing behind him. He roared, which sounded really weird from the inside, and his throat contracted round me like I was being squeezed from a toothpaste tube. Century Fox adapted the first two books of his Percy Jackson series as part of a series of films, while a Disney+ adaptation is in production. When it came to sensing monsters, my magic instincts weren’t very sharp, but the water in front of me seemed much darker. I would have to take care of this monster problem, then whistle for Freak to pick me up once I was done.An ancient Egyptian magician is back from the dead, experimenting with powerful magic and trying to become a god himself. But rumour has it that Camp Half-Blood actually exists, and Rick spends his summers there recording the adventures of young demigods. The area looked a bit like the Nile Delta back in Egypt, except here the wetlands were surrounded on both sides by residential neighbourhoods with row after row of grey-roofed houses. Here is a quick description and cover image of book Demigods and Magicians: Percy and Annabeth Meet the Kanes written by Rick Riordan which was published in 2016-4-5.

Narrated in two different wisecracking voices, featuring a large cast of new and unforgettable characters, and with adventures spanning the globe, this second installment in the Kane Chronicles is nothing short of a thrill ride.But they were all at the First Nome in Egypt for a week-long training session on controlling cheese demons (yes, they’re a real thing – believe me, you don’t want to know), so I was on my own. Then, once she got over her grief, she’d track down my soul in the Egyptian afterlife and tease me mercilessly for how stupid I’d been. We’re like the police for Ancient Egyptian supernatural forces, making sure they don’t cause too much havoc in the modern world.

Now, with the help of their new Friend; James McGee, they seek to take some time to heal, to recover from what happened. Told from Percy's point of view, this third demigod-magician crossover story has all of the spunk and action that Rick Riordan fans crave. I didn’t notice the ripples in the water until fifty yards ahead of me something broke the surface – a line of leathery blackish-green bumps. Together, magician and demigod must face Serapis, a terrifying god who draws his power from both Greek and Egyptian mythology and is bent on global conquest.Despite the fact that he was trying to chop me into a Kane-flavoured barbecue sandwich, I still felt bad for starting the fight. What really caught my attention was his sword – a straight double-edged blade glowing with faint bronze light. Then monstrous jaws opened – ridges of crooked teeth and an expanse of pink maw wide enough to gulp down a garbage truck. Over the last few months, I’d got better at storing emergency provisions in the shadow realm – extra weapons, clean clothes, Fruit by the Foot and chilled six-packs of root beer – but sticking my hand into a magical dimension still felt weird, like pushing through layers of cold, heavy curtains. Annabeth and Sadie fight fire with fire, using a combination of their magical specialties to keep monster and wannabe god apart.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment