276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Risky: 2 (Adventures in Love)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While I liked Everly, it was really Sampson that stole the story for me where she was concerned. This author never forgot that he was as much a part of the story as the hero and heroine, which is something that often happens when children are included. I could feel every tiny fist, hear every gurgling laugh, and remembered my own babies’ weight against my chest through Sampson’s character. Well, after a strong start, this Adventures in Love series veered off into a leisurely stroll through the grocery store. That is, to say, not very adventurous at all. Then we have Everly. This woman gets the mother of the year award in the romance world! I loved the fact that she was a mother first, her son was her main priority. The way she cared for and doted on Sampson brought tears to my eyes. She was not only caring and nurturing, but she was also fiercely protective and independent when it came to raising her son. I loved every facet of her character. I don’t think any heroine to come in this series will top my love for Everly’s character.

Everly’s attitude toward her baby daddy was different, but I wasn’t mad at the way she chose to handle things and the path she chose for her and her son. She’s a fierce and protective mama bear that always has the best interest of her child at the front of her mind. I hated the situation she gets put in, with certain people treating her worse than dirt, but I’m glad Blake was there to stand up for her and comfort her. Overall, this was a pretty smooth read with easy-to-like characters and low drama. There are some external conflicts that the characters face in their lives, but nothing that really interferes with the couple’s relationship once it’s begun. Once again, we’re teased with sightings of Mason and Margret and I’m still holding out hope that we will get a book for them! Now let’s talk about the instant ‘Boom-worthy’ chemistry between Everly and Blake. I loved the slow approach with these two, especially given the fact that there is a baby boy’s heart on the line. I loved the fact that they took their relationship slow to the point where it all just came natural. Their friendship merged into a relationship to the point where I knew it was coming but it all felt completely natural like a real life relationship. I guess what I’m saying is I loved the slow relationship build-up. I absolutely love any story that includes a grumbly alpha hero that goes soft with a baby and Blake fits my craving for such a character to perfection. With a little jealousy in the beginning and a whole lot of protectiveness I fell faster than Everly. But then again, all she was seeing was the grumpy side of his nature as he struggled with his preconceived notions and incorrect assumptions. Okay, so it’s not quite that bad. Blake tows the line, but doesn’t ever really cross over into alpha male behavior (a staple of this author’s hero characters). And things get awfully close to instalove, yet manage to not fall firmly into that camp, either (also familiar territory for the author). However the hero does call the heroine “babe” way before there’s anything happening between them.

FOr the most part, the plot is pretty low drama and angst- in fact, it feels a bit tranquil, not overly exciting in any places. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it is a quieter story to me compared to the sparks of the first- it was a nice, placid retreat from the world around me.

Before I start this portion of my review, I want to state that I did insert a tiny spoiler in the section below. I know in today’s world cancer seems to be everywhere and is often emotinally triggering to readers. I try to do my best to warn fellow readers of emotionally triggering content. So I apologize if you are a little bit spoiled from here on out. My job as a reviewer is to protect reader’s hearts and their mental well being.Risky plays on the grumpy heroine angle that ARR so deftly crafts with our hero Blake. Yet again, we’re visiting Live Life Adventures, as heroine Everly is a new office manager to owner Blake- and that ARR spark hits fast, and grumpy but endearing Blake goes all alpha, but like a sweet, diet version. Everly has moved home with her young son, restarting her life as a single mother. In fact, I felt like there wasn’t anything happening for much of the book. Nothing felt well developed in this story. Blake is grumpy (caused by a serious family issue he’s secretly dealing with), and there’s some minor drama involving Everly’s son. But otherwise this story just gave me meh feelings. Which is disappointing because I know this author is capable of bringing all the feels. The humor and charm that was present in the first book of this series is mostly absent. I liked the characters, but there was very little about the relationship that was risky. I didn’t dislike this story, but I didn’t find much here to recommend it either. Yet…I’m still interested in the stories for the last owner, and I’m REALLY interested in a story about Blake’s twin sister! Blake has the weight of the world on his shoulders. Not only does he have a business to look after, but he also holding onto a secret that will affect the emotional state of his mother and sister. How do you tell your family the one person they depend on has cancer and it’s not treatable? Even if he could tell them, he has promised to keep his dad’s cancer a secret. So to say he has the weight of the world on his shoulders is an understatement. The only person he’s able to confide in is the new single mother Live Life Adventures just hired.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment