276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Before I Do: a funny and unexpected love story from the author of THIS TIME NEXT YEAR

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

These characters were fun to get to know, and Cousens did an amazing job flushing out each and every one of them. While this book is a romance, the added mother/daughter relationship and how it impacted Audrey so significantly is what takes this book from an average rom-com to a romance with more depth. Plus, the style of quirkiness here was my favorite brand. It was enough to make me smile, but not so much that I wanted to punch someone in the face (looking at you Overall: absolutely must read, honestly, smartly, beautifully written novel that I absolutely recommend!

My first Sophie Cousens but certainly not my last. Highly recommend to all you rom-com lovers out there! 4 stars! While Minnie and Quinn complement each other, their lives do not revolve around the other. It is this, among other things, including the strong women portrayed in “This Time Next Year” that makes this rom-com so fabulous. That, of course, and the smart, sexy, witty banter that Minnie and Quinn exchange, made this an extremely fun and satisfying read! Truth be told, this rom-com has everything and will appear on my best-of list for 2021.Surely Fred's appearance the night before Audrey is due to get married can't be a coincidence. And when everything that could go wrong with the wedding starts to go wrong, Audrey has to wonder: could fate be trying to stop her from making a huge mistake? I can't recommend this book enough! It is witty, fun and soo entertaining! I could not put it down. I literally loved this as much as One Day in December which is probably my all time favorite rom-com. Yes I loved it that much! I am genuinely surprised that up until the midway point, I was completely torn by the love triangle and had no idea who I wanted Audrey to end up with, nor who I thought she would end up with. This is so unusual as I often know who I want to be endgame immediately. Again, I think this is a testament to Cousens’ writing.

Audrey starts to wonder, is marriage still full of fireworks and excitement, or will it be dull and boring. What should she do about the one that got away? The story unfolds between two timelines, slowly inching towards the moment Audrey and Josh share their vows. Overall, this is an enjoyable read, with a good message, some fun and heartwarming moments and so is a perfect piece of escapism.

Become a Member

R]eaders will cheer Audrey on as she disentangles herself from the what-might-have-been love triangle….Cousens ( Just Haven’t Met You Yet) offers up a chaste, heartwarming romance.”— Library Journal This Time Next Year was a winner for me. I'm one of the few people who didn't enjoy One Day in December so I was a little worried about the comparison. Thankfully, I loved how the story developed and how the romance evolved. The near misses since they were born were all so good! I was desperate for them to realize they knew each other.

And the ending was incredibly cheesy. It was the book equivalent of those cringey tumblr stories that all end with "and then everyone on the plane clapped" and aren't remotely realistic. One of my biggest takeaways from this book is that it's easy for us to mourn the lives we aren't living. It's easy to wish we'd developed other talents and said yes to different offers, however we can't tell if any of those other versions of ourselves would have been better or worse because we can only live the life that we are currently leading. There was so much to Audrey’s story and this book took me in a completely different direction than I thought it was originally going. The plot had me at the edge of my seat not knowing which guy Audrey was going to end up with. Completely unrelated but I absolutely loved every character in this book, it was very clear that each one was written thoughtfully and with so much detail. The grandma in particular stood out to me the most, I loved seeing her pop up throughout the book. I usually am not one for 3rd person POV books however it was written so well it didn't bother me at all.

Minnie Cooper (a person, not a car) is just vrooming through life as a pie-maker for the less fortunate. 🥧 (Sorry for the dad-joke about Mini Coopers and vrooming 🚗 .) She’s a New Year’s baby...and was supposed to be named Quinn Cooper. However, while in the hospital in 1990, her mother’s birthing roommate seemingly stole the name for her son. Thank you Netgalley and PENGUIN GROUP Putnam for providing me with an arc of 'Before I Do' in exchange for an honest review. Before I Do is the story of Audrey, who has to decide what to do when her ‘what if?’ guy, the one that got away, reappears in her life the day before she is due to get married to someone else,” Hodder said.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment