276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Outback Jack Kitty Compound, Play House and Outdoor Cat Enclosures for Indoor Cats (Portable Cat Tent, Cat Tunnel, Cat Kennel and Playhouse) Play Tents for Cats and Small Animals

£45.755£91.51Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ground tunnels provide the perfect alternative to a catio if your city prohibits building any sort of elevated permanent structure.

Are your dogs prone to destroying things? If the answer is yes, then maybe. If they don’t tend to chew on household items, then probably not. And if you have smaller pups, they might get as much joy out of a cat tunnel as your kitty! In fact, many of our favorite cat tunnels should really be called pet tunnels, as they’re also suitable for dogs, and smaller creatures like rabbits and ferrets. How can I stop the tunnel from ripping or tearing? If your cat is a menace for clawing items they shouldn’t, a scratching post is undoubtedly the answer - and they’re bound to love using it.

FOLLOW US

Whichever tunnel you choose, follow the manufacturers suggested cleaning instructions. Many tunnels have metal frames that can pierce fabric seams if washed in a machine. They could also be prone to rust if exposed to chemical cleaners or not properly dried. Most cat tunnels are designed to be used indoors, although you can certainly use a cat tunnel in your garden if you want. Just be sure to secure it to the ground and keep an eye out for rain, so it doesn’t get ruined. There are even special zip-up tunnels that are meant to be used outdoors.

In this article we’ll take a look at some examples of these different types of outdoor cat tunnels and help you decide which option might be best for you. 1) Cat Tunnel Walkways

Creating little ecosystems for your multi-cat home is vital for fostering harmonious relationships between the cats and the humans. Why do cats love tunnels? Is it too big for my home? While you want a play tunnel to be wide enough for your furry friend, you don’t want one that isn’t going to fit comfortably in your space. Take measurements before hitting buy on an especially long tunnel. Also consider whether you want a tunnel that can be folded away at the end of the day or something that will have a permanent home in your living space. I ran the entire 50 foot wire parallel down the side of my neighbors fence. I am going to use the tent steaks to keep the wire in the ground. I think I am going to use my tree or a another piece of wire to secure and close the end. I will need to do the same for the entrance since I am making a make shift cat run. Do you think this will work until I am able to make your cat tunnel design? Of course I will be outside with them keeping my eye on them. Outdoor tunnels can provide your indoor cat with extended territory to play out these hunting instincts safely outdoors. Think of your cat’s indoor space as their home base where they eat, sleep and interact with their housemates. On the contrary, the cat tunnel mimics their home range, which is an extension of their territory. The home range is where cats would typically hunt prey and timeshare territory with strange cats that are not in their inner circle. You’re almost done! Secure the base of the cat tunnel to the ground with tent pegs. We spaced them about 12″ to 15″ apart. These are removable so it can be lifted when you decide to mow the lawn. Who let the cats out!?

Treat dispensers and items stuffed with catnip will also make superbly popular additions to your cat’s possessions! Not only are scratching posts a great way to keep your cat entertained, but they also provide a great way to keep their claws the right length and to distract them from the act of ripping your soft furniture and wooden fittings to shreds!

CATEGORIES

One of the leading companies that designs pre-made cat tunnel enclosures and also offers custom designs is Habitat Haven. Cut the tubing at the correct length to fit your wire mesh and used the cable tie wraps to secure the tubing to the bottom of the tunnels at about 12” intervals. 3. Joining the corners of the tunnels This might be one of the only glow-in-the-dark cat play tunnels available. You and your cat will love the cozy soft plush fabric in gray with a starry night print in white. You only need to expose the tunnel to natural sunlight or lamplight to stimulate the glow-in-the-dark fabric. Customers confirm that the glow lasts about three to five hours. Bring out the hunter hiding inside even the most adorable ball of fluff with our great selection of cat teasers and toys. Do It Yourself: buy the wood, wire mesh and fixings from your local hardware store and make it yourself (ie. a DIY cat tunnel)

The width of the mesh is 48” wide and when divided into three it will make a tunnel of 16” wide x 16” high which is the perfect size for a tunnel. All you have to do is bend the wire at the 16” mark. We used a long piece of wood to mark where the 16” points were, then bent the wire at right angles. There are several things to look for when it comes to buying a cat tunnel, from the size and style to the material and added extras. Here are some of the things to consider before you bite the bullet and buy. Being on the ground, the cat tunnel is out of sight and is well hidden from nosey neighbors and passersby Two holes in the side of the tunnel add additional hide-and-seek fun and ventilation. A plush ball on a string dangles in the opening to bring out their hunting instincts. Best of all, it’s collapsible with hook-in-loop closures so it can be stowed when not in use. This great tunnel is also available in a three way style and a 47.2-inch straight tunnel.If you have a kitten or a cat that is particularly rambunctious, opt for a tunnel with tear and snag resistant fabric, like the Pawaboo Collapsible 5-Way Tunnel. Hands-free playtime. Playtime is just as important for energetic kittens as it is for older cats, and cat tunnels are an excellent way to keep them stimulated and entertained without you needing to get involved. Sure, you might have to entice your furry friend to use their new toy at first, but after that they’ll be peeking, running, and playing with their tunnel independently in no time at all.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment