276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Crossing Thresholds: The Making and Remaking of a 21st-Century College Chaplain

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

None of my colleagues had heard about CT (I found out on day one of the course that all the other participants had come by recommendation), and I confess I was slightly dubious about the ‘women only’ label, but the content was really appealing and my line manager supportive. So, I took the plunge, hoping that the time and financial commitments would prove well worth it. DrAmittaShahrecommends that clinicians carry out a detailed assessmentof the personexperiencing catatonia. They shouldconsiderany autism-related stress factors that could lead to catatonia.Support would then involve making changes where possible to reduce stress. During 2021/22, many colleagues employed on these fixed term contracts left DWP, and the overall proportion of male and female colleagues at lower grades has decreased. There was, however, a greater decrease in the proportion of males at these lower grades, and therefore a greater increase in the proportion of males at our higher grades. There has also been notable recruitment during 2021/22 at HEO and above. These changes to our grade distribution have contributed to an increase in our mean GPG. Turnover has also had a significant impact, with new recruits primarily joining at the pay band minimum, replacing leavers who may be higher up the pay band.

DWP recognises that our recruitment and retention practices are pivotal to eliminating the GPG and enabling us to ensure we have a strong and diverse talent pipeline in our organisation. Our recruitment policies and selection guidance maintain the following as standard:

Treatment

This reduction is primarily driven by the good progress in our more equitable distribution of in year rewards (vouchers and cash awards). Despite applying a flat cash end of year non-consolidated award to delegated grades in 2021, due to our policy of pro-rating non-consolidated awards to reflect part-time working patterns, we will always have a bonus pay gap and this will fluctuate according to the number of part time employees. Median bonus gap (increased by 1.2 ppt) Within DWP, 45% of women work part-time compared to 14% of men. As a result, women appear to receive disproportionately lower bonuses than men, but this is largely attributable to a higher proportion of women working part-time, which accounts for a significant proportion of the 14.6% bonus pay gap. The calculation for the bonus pay gap, which uses actual values received rather than full time equivalent values, means we will have a bonus pay gap which will fluctuate according to the number of part-time employees, most of whom (86%) are female. This also impacts the median bonus gap, which has widened in favour of men, due to a higher proportion of women compared to men working part-time and therefore receiving a pro-rated end of year award. Between 31 March 2020 and 31 March 2021, our pay gap reduced, and this was primarily attributable to the significant recruitment of EOs and AOs on fixed term contracts that took place in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, altering the overall grade distribution within DWP. As a higher proportion of employees were at the AO and EO grade in March 2021 than March 2022, receiving the same rate of pay (known as a spot rate) the mean GPG had decreased. The differential in the proportions of each gender at our more senior grades is reflected in our mean GPG for each grade grouping, with the widest gap at SEO and above. Grade

Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) has been used to treat catatonia, however this is only recommended bythe National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)as an extreme and last resort. This would be when all treatment has failed and/or if the catatonia is life-threatening. Clinicians must exercise extreme caution when considering ECTfor anybody. Continue to monitor diversity data at all grades and inclusion scores through our D&I scorecards to identify representation gaps, and work with local D&I Group Leads to take action in areas where there is disproportionate representation. Declaration The table above shows the distribution of men and women across grades within DWP. As the composition of DWP’s workforce is constituted of significantly more female (65%) than male (35%) employees, within the grade boundaries above, females are under-represented at higher grades, and slightly over-represented at lower grades. 3. Analysis of pay gap Ordinary Mean Pay Gap MeasureA marvelously collaborative volume exploring liminality as lens and then lever for renewed action with contributions to practical theology, theopoetics, pastoral-congregational life and personal transformation in today’s fragmented and fragmenting institutional ecology(ies). A rigorous interdisciplinary perspective invites the finding and building of liminal frameworks, dancing and swaying toward theological engagement for ecclesia – gatherings – on the move, or willing to risk innovation in leadership, liturgy, and mission. A compelling work of practical theology modeling its method in a spiral-esque form as well as disciplinary scholarship Autismand catatonia share some traits including repetitive movements, mutism and echolalia. It can be difficult to differentiate autistic and catatonic signs.

We continue to compare favourably with the overall mean GPG for the Civil Service (8.5% in 2022). We also compare favourably with the mean bonus GPG for the Civil Service (27.4% in 2022), and the median bonus GPG (37.1% in 2022). Mean ordinary GPG (increased by 1.7 ppt)For 2021/22, the Gender Pay Gap figures were published for the third time, in the Annual Civil Service Employment Survey ( ACSES) on 27 July 2022, to provide an overall picture across government. The reporting period is 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022. Initially I felt nervous, though Bernie soon inspired me with her ‘can-do’ zest, and I was fired up after our first meeting. I outlined my goals and she helped me prepare for my next career challenges. Now I’m excited to be starting a new policy role next month in the Office of Life Sciences in BEIS. continuing mixed gender sift and interview panels; we are also expanding our trained Independent Panel Members to provide additional constructive challenge in the recruitment process If we removed individuals with protected TUPE salaries at all grades, this reduces the overall DWP mean GPG significantly from 5.9% to 4.6%. Ordinary Median Pay Gap continue to offer a diversity and inclusion curriculum that sets out a learning offer for all grades, as well as specific training for new line managers

from 2020 to 2021, the proportion of women at more senior grades has increased. At Grade 7/6, 46.2 % of the cadre are women (up 1.7% points) and at SCS 46% are women (up 0.9% points). The proportion of men at AO, our most junior grade, has also increased Catatonia is a rare condition. It doesnot just affect autistic people, in fact the relationship between autism and catatonia is still little understood or recognised.

The BEIS Academy brings together our learning under a single brand, we work with the Organisational Development Team, BEIS’s professions, Civil Service Learning, and our network of local representatives to bring together and identify the right learning for our BEIS colleagues. BEIS internal offer and programmes

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment