276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Moonlocket (The Cogheart Adventures #2): 1

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lily grabbed Tolly’s hand. “Please Tolly, let me help Robert. Despite the dangers, I have to prove Papa wrong. I need to show him that I’m just as strong as anybody else.” Kalau di buku pertama fokusnya ada pada Lily, di buku ini lebih fokus pada Robert. Meski begitu, peran Lily cukup penting di sini. Seakan Lily-Robert memang diciptakan sebagai partner/tim yang saling melengkapi. The sale of customised goods or perishable goods, sealed audio or video recordings, or software, which has been opened.

Thank you to Netgalley and Jolly Fish Press for the review copy in exchange for an honest review. This does not change my opinion in anyway. In conclusion, this is a whimsical middle-grade book with wonderful characters and a nice story set in steampunk London. Goods that by reason of their nature, cannot be returned - (Items such as underwear, where the 'hygiene patch' has been removed, or cosmetics where the seal has been broken). Something about this chimed with Tolly; she could see it in his eyes. “I know what you mean,” he said. “People are always judging me, calling me a guttersnipe, or a ragamuffin. They think that I’m not as clever or capable as them because of who I am. But the truth is, I’m more so. I only wish I didn’t constantly have to prove it.”Coffee house Caffè Nero has announced the 16-strong shortlist for the inaugural Nero Book Awards, recognising the outstanding books of the past 12...

This is a story that does its wonderful cover justice. We follow Lily, Malkin and Robert as they try to catch a famous criminal in Victorian, steampunk London. It is all you could want from a middle-grade novel. The main characters are brave, smart and get things done. But they are also flawed, they get scared, they do stupid things, they are real… It is a book filled with puzzles and adventure. But it doesn’t focus only on adventure. It also discusses what it means to be different, what family really is, how it feels to loose someone close to you, and if love also means trust. Hurrah for Waterstones and early release copies! Thanks to them, I got to spend the last day of my Easter holidays snuggled up with this, the second Cogheart adventure. I say snuggled; a more accurate description would be perched on the edge of my seat from beginning to end… There's even ‘A Dictionary of Curious Words’ at the end to help with unfamiliar, technical language. The word-building, just like in the first book is very well done. We see various other parts of Victorian London not explored in book one in all their steampunk glory, and the author's touches to this with mechanicals, mechanimals, airships and the likes was, of course, fantastic.

Teaching the Speaking Verse and Prose exam

I raced through it… A must-read for all fans of adventure – children or not.” Kiran Millwood Hargrave Bunzl’s writing is engaging, fun, and will appeal to readers young and old, so if you are a fan of science-fiction and steampunk, you should definitely read this. This is not intended to be a full statement of all your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations. Full details of your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations are available in the UK from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or your Local Authority's Trading Standards Office. Also, can we take a moment and appreciate the steampunk setting. Loved the worldbuilding and how vibrant it was- I especially liked the mechanimals. Malkin was the absolute best because who can resist a snarky mechanical fox? Librarian Hemfar says 'Yes, indeed. I have been given a sight-gift from Lady Keikolin. In many artifacts I can see within them and through the eyes of those they belonged to. It allows me to create a history that will become part of this library. Should you find any artifacts in the surrounding lands, bring them to me and I shall reward you and be able to add to the [volumes] of our great library.'

Robert, Lily, and Lily’s mechanimal wind-up fox, Malkin, have been living together since the adventures that killed Robert’s father and revealed Lily’s mechanical heart ( Cogheart, 2018). Linguist's Note (a book on a table: second level of the inn, second door on the right, -1605, -1510)I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Jolly Fish Press, and the author via netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Dapo Adeola, Tracy Darnton, Joseph Coelho and Chitra Soundar are among the 19 authors and illustrators longlisted for the Inclusive Books for Child... I thought Malkin’s , lily’s mechanical fox, was a bit too much of a negative nancy in this one. Man he could certainly get my mood down. I think Lily’s father is too naïve that he thinks he can leave his daughter and his friend alone at home for days at an end and for them not to get up to things that he forbade with only mechanical people around them to tell them no. Which they know how to shut off and can run away from easily. Librarian Hemfar says 'Vasha, friend. I am the second-born of Keikolin the Enlightened, the most knowledgeable dragon of the Six. I am to aid in the education of drakkin and all who choose to enlighten their minds. I am a collector of artifacts and one of the founders of the Written Word and the Wanderlust Guild so we may learn from books and life. I have a unique gift that you may partake in if you [aid] in my work. Or you may simply ask me what [lore] I have gathered from artifacts in these lands. Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2022-07-29 20:57:49 Autocrop_version 0.0.14_books-20220331-0.2 Bookplateleaf 0002 Boxid IA40622107 Camera USB PTP Class Camera Collection_set printdisabled External-identifierThe mystery and the adventure itself was well thought out and beautifully executed. I don't want to say too much as I don't want to give anything away because I feel like it's better to find things out as the characters do. So for this review, I'll leave it at that. Lccn 2019015359 Ocr tesseract 5.1.0-1-ge935 Ocr_detected_lang en Ocr_detected_lang_conf 1.0000 Ocr_detected_script Latin Ocr_detected_script_conf 1.0000 Ocr_module_version 0.0.16 Ocr_parameters -l eng Old_pallet IA-NS-1200501 Openlibrary_edition Accelerated Reader, AccelScan, AccelTest, AR, ATOS, Core Progress, English in a Flash, Learnalytics,

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment