276°
Posted 20 hours ago

You Are History: From the Alarm Clock to the Toilet, the Amazing History of the Things You Use Every Day

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Vincent, Alice (25 May 2015). "14 things we learned from Greg Jenner's history of everyday life". The Daily Telegraph. Through Richmond’s life you can see racial politics and the abolition of slavery, the war with America, the war with France, and poverty. There’s gambling, culture, masculinity, art and sculpture, violence in the streets, the role of fatherhood and parenthood, fame, and whether there’s an economic safety net for people who are famous in their 50s. You can examine the entire society through this one man.” As a broadcaster, Greg is the host of the chart-topping BBC comedy podcast YOU'RE DEAD TO ME in which comedians and academic historians are paired up to explore different historical subjects with a bold blend of humour and nuanced detail. The series regularly tops the Apple podcast charts, and was the number 1 show on BBC Sounds in 2021. Jim Mellon Moo’s Law: An Investor’s Guide to the New Agrarian Revolution Exeter College: Marquee 10:00am Sun 26 Sunday, 26 March 2023 See this event In 2021 Jenner launched an Audible Original podcast A Somewhat Complete History of Sitting Down. [21] Publications [ edit ]

Jenner speaks of the importance of including historians in creative projects. “If you phone up a historian and say, ‘tell me 10 stories that would be great movies', we can do that in 20 minutes. Our heads are full of them.”On TV, he co-hosted BBC2's INSIDE VERSAILLES discussion programme for two series, and was one of the expert panellists on BBC2's THE GREAT HISTORY QUIZ (broadcast on Christmas Eve 2015), joining team captains Lucy Worsley and Dan Snow. Jenner studied a History & Archaeology BA and Medieval Studies MA at The University of York. [2] Career [ edit ] We are experiencing delays with deliveries to many countries, but in most cases local services have now resumed. For more details, please consult the latest information provided by Royal Mail's International Incident Bulletin.

Mark Butler (23 January 2017). "Sex and swearing in the 1800s: Taboo is more historically accurate than you think". i. Jenner, Greg (28 October 2021). Ask A Historian: 50 Surprising Answers to Things You Always Wanted to Know. Orion. ISBN 978-1-4746-1863-2. Thomas Mogford The Plant Hunter Oxford Martin School: Seminar Room 12:00pm Sun 26 Sunday, 26 March 2023 See this eventAnthony Horowitz Interviewed by Amanda Craig Thrills and Spills: From the Diamond Brothers to Alex Rider Sheldonian Theatre 10:00am Sun 26 Sunday, 26 March 2023 See this event Often as an author, I only occasionally get to meet the public who buy and read my books. The Oxford Literary Festival was a special opportunity for me and certainly one of the highlights of my career – it was an honour I will never forget.

Whilst doing work experience on Days That Shook the World at Lion TV , however, Jenner felt he had found his answer in historical consultancy. For a few years he continued working on documentaries and period dramas before happening to overhear Lion’s Chief Creative Officer saying they had the television rights to Terry Deary’s series of history books for children.Jenner featured as an expert on the BBC2 television programme Inside Versailles, [13] as well as for the Independent newspaper, discussing historical accuracy in television programmes. [14] The illustrations are nice, the content is easy to read and totally accessible across several age groups and readers, but particularly nerdy ones I suspect. Highly recommended. Mae Jenner yn adrodd y straeon difyr sydd y tu ôl i bob math o bethau dinod – gan gynnwys sebon, grawnfwyd, bwlb golau, gemau pêl, ffonau, soffas a phyjamas, wedi’u harchwilio gyda chyfuniad o ffeithiau anhygoel, jôcs sy’n tynnu dŵr i’r llygaid a straeon bywyd go iawn o ledled y byd ac ar draws y canrifoedd. Mad Men was incredibly forensic. They were so spot on with their costuming, and really impressive with reading newspapers for that month, that year. They would know exactly what was going on in February 1962.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment