276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Finding Audrey

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She realizes that everyone operates on different timelines and that just because she reacts differently to certain situations it doesn’t make her a freak. As a note, I've seen a few reviews suggesting Audrey also deals with agoraphobia because she does not leave her home often.

While Audrey was the MC, the book focused not just on her, but on her family and their ups and downs together as well. What's it like to grow up online and have every tantrum, every spot - even your first period - broadcast to hundreds of thousands of followers? The contemporary references, the hilarious parent-child confrontations/battles, everything is just so current and spot on!I mean, I'm sure there are parents out there that are like this, but to the extent where I found myself questioning how exaggerated these stereotypes were was ridiculous. Her parents and Linus were right — seeing her former tormentor triggers symptoms of her mental illnesses, including an anxiety attack. This book is a sorry excuse for representation and I can not believe how atrociously the author handled this topic. Dorothy died as the film was being edited and did not see the finished version, but she visited the set and saw Audrey’s flat.

The two subjects went on their own path until probably the last ten pages of the novel, in which it didnt even matter anymore.

Every member of the family is flawed but so endearing and supportive, I spent such a great time following them. Her therapist encourages her to make a documentary, and she records her home life, including often very funny interactions between her well-meaning but clueless parents and her older brother, whom they've banned from playing video games (but he finds ways to play them anyway). If you're looking for a book that deals with social anxiety, I can't recommend Finding Audrey enough. Like you do at a rock concert, when your nerves get taken over by the force of the noise and you just have to surrender.

I feel anxious about a lot of other things too, like making sure I'm as good as my male friends so I don't fall behind. The mother was intense and annoying sometimes, but mostly I found her arguments with Audrey's brother, Frank, supremely funny. I liked the romance - I don't feel it is anything special, but I was happy to see a supportive love interest that helps the main character in their recovery, yet isn't attributed to as the sole reason they begin to get better. Night Mayor Franklefink has vanished from the Transylvanian Express - and it's up to you to solve the case! There’s a subtle but unmistakable swipe at an art world dismissive of working-class artists, especially if they happen to be women or unwell.The GRO for Northern Ireland only has death certificates since 1864; the GRO for Scotland since 1855.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment