276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Chivas Regal 12 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky, 70cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When I don’t know which bottle to pick from my bar, when I just want something in my hand, and when I don’t feel like “analyzing” what I am drinking… this works. Chivas Brothers became the Scotch whisky arm of the Canadian drinks giant which also owned Strathisla distillery in Speyside so this became a major component of the blends. Not as robust as Talisker or highland park or Ardbeg10 , but a solid value and great scotch for cocktails. It's crafted from a mighty blend of malt and grain whiskies which have been matured in specially-selected casks for at least a quarter of a century. Chivas has teamed up with French fashion house Balmain for a limited edition bottling of the cracking Chivas Regal XV.

The range starts with Chivas Regal 12 Year Old and once again includes a 25 Year Old luxury blend as well as various other editions. The 1950s to the 1970s were a boom period for Scotch whisky and Chivas Brothers built several new distilleries to meet demand such as Glen Keith in 1957, Braes of Glenlivet in 1974 and Allt-a-Bhainne in 1975. Chivas, the original luxury blended Scotch Whisky, brings together the best malt and grain whiskies. Part of the blend was matured in Mizunara oak casks, which is rather rare in the whisky world but always intriguing.An exceedingly mellow blended Scotch whisky from Chivas Regal, a portion of this expression is finished in American rye casks! Chivas’ belief in blending was instilled by founding brothers, James and John Chivas, who pioneered the art of blending in 19th century Scotland.

You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included. To tap into the burgeoning market for luxury whiskies especially in America, they came up with a 25 year old blend with a high malt content which they dubbed Chivas Regal. Unveiled in 2018, Chivas Regal XV is a 15 year old blended Scotch whisky which has been finished in casks that previously held Grande Champagne Cognac!

Nose: A creamy, aromatic melange of vanilla custard, hints of aniseed, lemon curd and butter toffee.

Every Chivas Regal Scotch Whisky has its own unique formula and undergoes a careful selection of many aged whiskies, giving them their own distinct character, flavour and taste experience. Being in Aberdeen, the biggest city in North East Scotland, the firm was well connected by rail with the distilleries of nearby Speyside and the Lowlands. The Chivas Regal 18 Year Old was personally created by Master Blender Colin Scott, including over 20 single malts from around Scotland. Palate: More of those banana chips showing through on the palate, this time there's a creamy hit of barley malt too, pepped up with a little allspice.Drink plenty of different whiskies and this one is very clean tasting with no unpleasant aftertaste.

The company can trace its roots back to 1801, with the opening of a grocers at Number 13 King Street, Aberdeen.The pinnacle of the Chivas range, made with some of the oldest and rarest whiskies available to them, including many from now closed distilleries.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment